chapter 28

~the day leia visits her dad~

Leias POV

I woke up in my bed feeling anxious when I realised what day it was, i sent callum a text reminding him of the day, he decided to go back to his house after our date last night, i got a quick shower and grabbed a yoghurt taking a seat in the sitting room turning on the TV and watching the news, after a while I decided to get dressed and put on a pair of black leggings and a blue top with my converse, then looked in the mirror and decided to change into blue jeans and a white top but kept my converse, i texted callum again asking him if he was ready and telling him to meet me at the hospital, my dad was there receiving treatment even though it was obvious that he wouldn't survive more than three months.

When I arrived i was sure anyone could hear my heart beating rapidly in my chest, it was almost deafening, i got out and looked around for callums car, which wasn't there, i made my way in and there was still no sign of callum, i decided to call him.

On the second ring the call was cut off, meaning that he declined it.

"callum, what the fuck are you playing at, you know what today is why aren't you picking up?" I ask sounding desperate, i went to the bathroom and noticed i was ghost white, my eyes were tired and there were dark circles under my eyes, i splashed water over my face and made my way back to the waiting room, which callum still wasn't in.
"callum, are you ok? Please call me" I beg when the call is immediately ended, again.

After waiting twenty minutes i call him back again.
"callum, this isn't funny, i don't know what's going on but this is not a way to deal with it, you know exactly what it is today, i guess i expected to be able to trust you" I say bitterly into the phone when the call is declined after three rings.

I make my way to the desk and take a breathe.
"erm, excuse me... I'm eh, here to see, Simon smith" i stutter out of nervousness, the nurse is young and looks up from the computer to me.
"Simon smith?" she asks.
"y- yes" I say back nervously, she gives me a look before answering me.
"and why exactly is that?" she asks bitterly.
"he's, erm... M-my dad" i stutter looking down.
"your his daughter? I know what happened with him and his daughter, why would you want to see him if you are his daughter?" she asks typing something on her computer.
"i have i.d" i say rummaging for it, i find it and show it to her.
"okay, leia, why do you want to see him?" she asks examining it carefully.
"it's complicated, can I see him?" I ask getting impatient.
"okay, third floor room eight, I'll phone the police man there and let him know your coming" she says dismissing me.
"thanks" I say turning away, i check my phone only to be filled with disappointment when I see I have no texts or calls from callum, what the fuck is going on?

I make my way up to the third floor and see an officer talking into a radio, i go up to him and see he's standing outside room eight, i swallow a lump in my throat and prepare to say my dad's name again, it hurts everytime.
"your leia, right?" the fifty year old officer asks, he is fat and has grey stubble on his chin making him look rough.
"erm... Yes" i stutter.
"i.d?" he asks raising an eyebrow, i pull it out and show it to him, he nods and opens the door, i thank him quietly and go in.

I see my dad, the man who ruined my life, laying there, he has a black stubble around his chin and his black hair is greasy and messy, his dark eyes dart over to the door and a smirk takes over his Face, the same smirk that struck fear into my heart, i note the wires connected to him and the many monitors bleeping away.
"hello, leia" he says huskies looking at me in the eyes, i look away realising how scared i am, this man has ruined my life and hurt me in every way possible and now here i am standing in his hospital room as he lives out the last few months the of his life.
"why don't you take a seat?" he asks looking to the seat beside him, I go over and pull it away from his bed before sitting down.
"you know what has ways bothered me?" he asks, his voice is strong and if I wasn't told i would think he is completely fine.
"wa-what?" I stutter, i look up to see him studying me carefully, i look away again and hear him chuckle lightly, that sick chuckle he would always do when he was satisfied i couldn't take anymore.
"after everything I've out you through, you didn't tell anyone i raped you" he says lightly.
"so?"
"why didn't you?"
"you were already being put away, there was no point on going through all the tests and remembering... It all"
"I see it still bothers you, why did you agree to come today?"
"I wanted to know why you did it all, why do you and mum hate me?" I ask looking into his hard emotionless eyes, he leans forward to me before answering, i lean back as my breathe hitches in my throat, he smirks before answering.
"because we never wanted you, you ruined our lives, we only kept you because we thought you would be something we could be proud of, when we were proven wrong, we decided to take our problems out on you, you knew how to take a good hit, leia" he says, i go tense and a shiver runs down my spine, his smirk grows.
"is that good enough for you?" he asks.
"your still the same sick man that ruined my life all those years ago, aren't you?" I spit at him.
"somethings never change, but it's not just me and your mum who hates you, where's this guy that was meant to come with you here?" he asks with a chuckle.
"something came up" i lie.
"so, how are you now?" he asks eyeing me.
"I'm actually doing well, I'm attending a good school, have a good apartment and plenty of friends, that care about me, you did ruin my life, but I got it back"
"did you? As far as I know, you might get sent to a discipline school, you live alone and you had to face me, your dad who beat you, neglected you and raped you your whole life, alone, where are your friends now?"
"I won't be going to some discipline school because I can control my behaviour, i choose to live aline because I like my privacy and i only wanted callum to come, when he couldn't i decided to go alone instead" hos eyes darken and his face goes serious.
"your lying to me, aren't you?" he asks angrily.
"n-no" I say getting scared.
"don't fucking lie to me, have you learnt nothing?" he asks standing up and pulling me to his chest, i scream.
"leave me alone, please help me!" I shout and the officer comes running in.
"leave her alone Mr Smith" the officer says in a threatening voice, then I feel something cold being pressed against my side as my dad holds me close to him with one arm around my waist and the other holding the gun, i try to move forward but he pulls me back forcefully.
"please, let me go" i bet as tears run down my cheek, the officer calls for back up in his radio.
"that won't be necessary" my dad says slyly, i whimper as his hand around my waist rises to my chest, i try to pull away again but he stops me, he begins pressing my breast roughly making me whimper in pain.
"please" I beg through small sobs.
"shut up you little bitch" he says sharply in my ear.
"let her go, you know this won't help with anything" the officer says to my dad.
"she's my fucking daughter and she was meant to die that night, it would be doing everyone a favour if she did die" he barks back.
"Mr Smith, let her go, this isn't going to change anything"
"I know it won't change anything, so why not?" he asks digging the gun deeper into my side making me whimper again.
"i said shut up" he says tightening his grip on my breast, i bite my lip to hold in a whimper, terrified of what might happen.
"Mr smith-" the officer is cut off with a loud bang, i feel a piercing pain in my side, my legs wobble and give out making me fall to the floor, soon after there is another loud bang and my dad lands beside me, he really he's for the gun while I hold my side.
"drop the gun Mr smith!" the officer shouts before I feel another sharp pain in my lower back, i whimper and attempt to crawl away, the officer shoots my dad again and i see his hand flop to the floor, dropping the gun, i look at his eyes and watch his pupils grow as he dies, and soon after the darkness i was fighting engulfs me.