Washington 2005

Start bij het begin

"You guys are disgustingly cute," Emmett said beside Rosalie's face. He had bent down to say that to her.

Rosalie pushed his forehead back forcefully, "Go to class." She said with an annoyed tone. But she secretly loved what he said.

Serafina walked to the front of the school when a short brunette girl bumped into her carrying a piece of paper. Serafina stopped as she looked down at this girl who wasn't watching where she was going. A hyperactive male student speaking a mile a minute seemed to have been helping her. Serafina recognized Eric. She made him nervous, she could tell. When speaking to her, he tended to talk just as fast as he was now. But with her, it was out of fear and nervousness, but with this girl, it appeared to be excitement. He began chuckling in nervousness when he realized who the brunette had bumped into.

The girl looked up, an apology on her lips, but after seeing Serafina's perfect face, she faltered. She began to stutter as her face turned a slight rosy shade from embarrassment. Serafina raised her brow in question when she didn't say anything. Her normally stoic face turned into a frown. Eric knew the girl had frozen. Most people did when seeing a Cullen up close. They were too perfect, "Serafina!" Eric spoke up, his own fear spiking as his voice went up an octave, "We're so sorry, we weren't watching where we were going! This is the new girl! Isabella Swan, she's a little nervous, what with being new and all." He smiled.

Serafina relaxed her face after hearing his words, "The new blood, Chavela." Serafina said, eyeing this young girl as she turned redder under her gaze. Short, pale skin, brunette, she appeared very plain to Serafina, but she supposed she could be considered pretty. "Watch where you're going." Serafina said to the girl as she turned to Eric, "Bye, Eric."

"Oh my god, she knows my name," Eric mumbled in shock. Aside from his excitement at her knowing his name, he also had fear. He couldn't help it. He remembered what happened to Simon. He hoped she wasn't upset with him for letting Isabella walk into her. He told himself he would keep an eye out for Cullens when walking with her. If only to keep himself safe from Serafina's wrath.

Serafina continued on her way to the park, no longer able to hear what they were discussing the further she went. She walked along the stalls once she arrived. Those enjoying the miniature art show and the artists putting it on weren't surprised at her presence. She had become a regular to functions happening during school hours. But they were surprised to see Mrs. Cullen walking through the art show. They didn't know that she enjoyed getting pieces on occasion to help with her designs when working on home interiors for clients.

"Serafina," Esme called with a mothering tone from behind the young woman. She knew Serafina hadn't noticed her yet.

Serafina instinctively shrunk her neck at the tone. But she remembered they were in public, so her mother shouldn't resort to her common punishment. Her ears should be safe. Serafina quickly turned to look at her mother, "Amá, what a coincidence! What are you doing here?" she smiled as she quickly made her way to her mother and hugged her arm. She began walking the two through the art show.

"Did you forget that I love to visit art shows, no matter the size?" Esme asked as she eyed her daughter.

"Oh yeah," Serafina chuckled nervously. She remembered Eric's behavior earlier; she was behaving the same way. She didn't understand how she was so afraid of this little woman.