•the dart encounter•

"You want some? Come get me, bitch!"

Lucas had joined the two girls on top of the bus

Lucas had joined the two girls on top of the bus. He was sent up there by Dustin since he had the binoculars. Joe and Max huddled closely together. Joe told herself it was to make enough room for Lucas on top of the bus, but really, she just wanted to be next to Max.

"Lucas, what's going on?" Dustin called to the top of the bus.

"Hold on!" Lucas called back as he stared out into the foggy darkness with his binoculars.

Max and Joe watched as he look all around. Suddenly, Lucas spotted him.

"I've got eyes! Ten o'clock!" Lucas yelled, "Ten o'clock!"

Max grabbed the binoculars from Lucas, wanting to see what was going on for herself. This was the proof she was apparently supposed to be seeing, anyways.

"Wait. Are you guys sure that's not a dog?" Max asked after looking through the binoculars.

"It's not a dog, Max," Joe replied, taking the binoculars so she could look.

She held them up to her face. There was Dart, alright. He was definitely bigger and more Demogorgon-esque.

"Yeah, definitely not a dog," Joe confirmed, handing the binoculars back to Lucas.

Suddenly, Steve had emerged from the bus into the junkyard. Joe became very stressed upon seeing her brother basically becoming live bait for a baby Demogorgon. She couldn't scream at him to go back inside. She couldn't risk causing his plan to go sideways.

He began to whistle, trying to call attention to himself. Joe was definitely going to beat him up for this if he made it out alive. He better make it out of here alive, she thought.

The two girls climbed down to where Dustin was on the bus.

"What the fuck is he doing, Dustin? Why did you let him go out there?" Joe asked, hopping off the ladder.

She punched Dustin in the arm lightly, which he still winced at. What a baby, Joe thought.

"First off, ouch," Dustin muttered as he rubbed his arm, "Second off, he's expanding the menu. His idea. Not mine."

"I'm going to kill him for this if he doesn't die out there," Joe mumbled, staring out of the window with everyone else.

"He's insane," Max stated.

"It runs in the family, I guess," Joe said, walking towards the door, "I'm going out there. He needs help."

"Joe, you can't do that," Max said, turning to look at the dark haired girl with fear and worry in her eyes.

"Yeah, that is seriously a terrible idea," Dustin agreed.

Joe grabbed a large metal pipe that was on the bus. It was better than nothing.