•zoomer•

"I wouldn't want to look for a slimy creature with anyone else."

Joe could not believe her ears

Joe could not believe her ears. That disgusting little slug Dustin called a pet was from The Upside Down. Go figure.

"We have to take him to Hopper," Lucas spoke up.

"I agree," Mike replied as Joe nodded along with him.

It was a horrible idea to not let Hopper know what was going on, especially with his direct connection to the lab.

"No way. If we take him to Hopper, Dart is as good as dead," Dustin interjected.

"Maybe he should be," Mike stated.

"How could you say that?" Dustin cried out.

"Guys, come on," Joe mumbled, not wanting to hear their bickering.

"He's from The Upside Down!" Mike replied, matter of factly.

Joe sighed, agreeing with Mike unfortunately, even if he was going about it in the wrong way. Nothing good had ever come from that place. In fact, The Upside Down only brought trouble upon Hawkins.

"Maybe he is, but it doesn't automatically mean that he's bad," Dustin said.

"I beg to differ," Joe scoffed, remembering how the whole town was harassed by the Demogorgon and how their best friend was trapped for days in that hell hole.

"We have a bond.." Dustin trailed off.

"A bond? Just because he likes nougat?" Mike scoffed.

"No, because he trusts me!"

"He trusts you?" Lucas asked, raising an eyebrow skeptically.

Could a creature from The Upside Down possibly be domesticated and kept as a pet? I mean, anything is possible, but this was far out even for Joe.

"Yes, I promised I would take care of him."

Just as Dustin said that, the trap screeched. Dart clearly didn't like being confined in a screen accurate proton pack. The pack began to shake. The five kids backed away slowly. If Dart was from The Upside Down, it meant he was unpredictable.

"Guys, what's going on? Come on," Max called from the hallway, still slightly beating on the door.

Joe had almost forgotten about her out there. With all the arguing and screeching from both the boys and Dart, her mind had wandered away from the red-headed beauty in the hallway.