•to the lab•

"C'mon, put it on, Harrington."

As they walked towards the lab, the group was greeted by yelling

"Hello? Who's there? Who's there?"

The voice sounded familiar, but Joe couldn't quite place it. As they walked closer, they pointed their flashlights in the direction of the voice.

Nancy Wheeler and Jonathan Byers.

"Steve?" they both asked in confusion.

"Nancy?" Steve replied.

"Jonathan," Dustin stated, walking forward with Steve.

Joe hung back. She loved Nancy, but honestly, she was a little mad at Nancy for hurting Steve. Joe knew he wasn't always a perfect boyfriend, but he didn't deserve how she treated him on Halloween.

"What are you doing here?" Nancy asked, walking towards them.

The groups met in the middle.

"What are you doing here?" Steve asked back.

"We're looking for Mike and Will," Nancy stated.

"They're not in there, are they?" Dustin asked, glancing towards the lab.

"We're not sure," Nancy replied.

"Why?" Jonathan asked with concern.

They didn't know about the pack of Demogorgons that were running all over Hawkins. The sound of screeching got the group's attention. They all turned their heads towards the pitch black laboratory.

"That's why," Joe stated, staring at the dark and ominous lab.

____________________________________

Joe began to shiver. She really should have brought a jacket.

"Are you cold?"

Joe turned to see Max looking at her with concern.

"Yeah, a little," Joe responded, "But I'll live."

"Here," Max said, taking off her green jacket, "Take my jacket."

"Max, I can't. You'll get cold."

Max shoved the green jacket into Joe's hands.

"I'm not the one shivering," Max replied, "C'mon, put it on, Harrington."

Joe rolled her eyes even though she thought Max was being very sweet. She was glad it was dark outside so Max couldn't see the pink tint that rose to her cheeks as she put the jacket on. She sighed in relief at the instant warmth she felt. It was cozy and it smelled like Max. That was even better than the warmth it gave her.

"Thank you," Joe smiled, "I'll give it back to you later."

"Don't," Max smiled back, looking Joe up and down in admiration, "It looks better on you."

Joe smiled, blushing once again.

Suddenly, the power came back on at the lab.

"The power's back," Nancy stated.

Everyone ran over to the previously guarded gate that Jonathan had been trying to get into. Maybe with the power on, he would be able to open the gate so they could go in.

He hit the button to open it, but nothing happened.

"Let me try," Dustin said, running into the guard booth.

"Hang on-" Jonathan said, still pressing the button over and over again.

"Let me try, Jonathan!" Dustin yelled, pushing the older boy out of the way.

Joe wasn't quite sure what Dustin would be able to do that was different from what Jonathan was already trying. She watched in interest, curious at how this would play out. As expected, Dustin just pressed the button crazily, which was exactly what Jonathan was doing. Joe couldn't help but roll her eyes.

Before she could even tell Dustin to cut it out, the gate slowly began to open. Holy shit, it actually worked.

"Hey! I got it!" Dustin smiled as he came out of the booth.

Jonathan and Nancy got in their car, deciding to drive to the front of the lab. The rest of the group stayed by the guard booth since there was no room in the car for everyone.

"Guys?" Max called to Joe and the rest of the boys.

They all turned to look where Max was looking. Nancy and Jonathan came speeding around the corner, followed by Jim Hopper's police car. Realizing that the cars weren't slowing down, the group quickly got out of the road. Nancy and Jonathan sped past them, honking their horn like crazy. Joe thought maybe Hopper would speed past them too, but he stopped abruptly right in front of them.

"Let's go," He said, waving them into the police car.

They all piled in, yelling at each other to hurry. Joe was happy she got to sit next to Max. The dark haired girl was also happy that Max didn't have to go too long without a jacket.

Once Steve was sure that all the kids were inside, he hopped in the front seat. Hopper sped off. Joe didn't know where they were going, but she knew when they all got together like this, it meant that they were going to war.

Author's Note: Short chapter! I'm sorry!! The next one is gonna be longer! Thank you for the love and support! I'd love to know what you guys are thinking so far!!