•true sight•

"It's just, this has happened before.. with Will."

"Guys

"Guys.." Will's voice came through the walkie talkie, "I found him.."

Joe snatched the walkie talkie away from Mike.

"Where?" She asked.

"In the bathroom by Mr. Salerno's."

"Copy that," Mike replied after snatching the walkie talkie back from Joe, causing the short haired girl to roll her eyes dramatically.

"We should head over," Joe said, finally dropping Max's hand, even though she didn't want to.

She didn't want to make it weird between them, and holding hands for long periods of time might do just that. Joe couldn't stand the thought of Max not wanting to be around her anymore. The feelings that Joe had weren't normal. She knew that, but she just kept telling herself that they were friendly feelings. Maybe if she told herself enough, she would start to believe it.

Max was disappointed about the sudden lack of contact between her and Joe, giving a small and quiet sigh. Nobody heard, and she was thankful.

The group headed out of the gym and towards the bathroom. They ran into Lucas on their way to find Will and Dart.

"Let's go! Down here," Mike called out.

"We're coming!" Lucas added.

The group burst into the bathroom to find Dustin standing in the bathroom already. Joe squinted her eyes suspiciously.

"Where's Dart?" Mike asked.

"I don't know. Not here," Dustin replied.

"What?" Joe asked, still squinting.

This whole situation was suspicious. Were they really supposed to believe that Dart disappeared when Dustin got to the bathroom first? He was probably hiding him somewhere, but Joe didn't want to gang up on Dustin. She would ask him privately, though.

"He said by Salerno's, right?" Max asked, looking at Joe for confirmation.

Joe gave the redhead a nod while Mike began looking in all the stalls for a sign of the strange creature.

"Yeah, maybe Will has him," Dustin replied nonchalantly.

Yeah, super suspicious.

Mike stopped his search, backing out from the stall.

"Where is Will?" He asked, making Joe's blood run cold.

____________________________________

Nobody could find Will. The party walked around the halls of Hawkins Middle calling for him, but no sign anywhere. It was like he vanished, which unfortunately, had happened before, causing Mike and Joe to be on edge.

"Will!" Dustin called, but no reply from the smaller boy.

"Hey, are you okay?" Max asked Joe.

"It's just, this has happened before.. with Will," Joe sighed, running her hands through her short hair, "I'm just worried is all."

"I'm sure he's around here somewhere," Max comforted with a small smile.

Strangely, it gave Joe comfort.

"Dustin? Joe?" A familiar voice asked.

The group looked up to be met face to face with Joyce Byers.

"Mrs. Byers?" Dustin and Joe replied in shock.

"What's going on? Where's Will?" She asked.

Suddenly, Lucas burst in from outside, running like a mad man.

"The field!" He panted.

Without any hesitation, Dustin, Max, Joyce, and Joe followed Lucas. Joe was definitely wishing she didn't always fake having her period when they had to do laps in gym class, because she was realizing that she was severely out of shape as they ran onto the field.

"I just found him like this!" Mike called from next to Will.

He was frozen on the field, eyes shut, but yet, still looking up at the sky, almost comatose. Joe had a bad feeling in the pit of her stomach. This was all connected. Dart, The Upside Down, Will. If only Eleven was there.

"I think he's having another episode!" Mike added.

"Will! Will! Will!" His mother called fearfully, trying desperately to shake him awake, "Sweetie, wake up! It's Mom! Will!"

All the party could do was stand there and watch as Joyce Byers tried to wake up her son from whatever hold the Upside Down had on him. Joe watched fearfully and began to shake slightly. All the memories of last year were coming back. Everything she tried to forget, was rearing its ugly head again.

Max could see Joe clearly was upset by the scene playing out in front of them. She grabbed Joe's hand to comfort her. Max looked up to make sure it was okay, giving Joe a small smile. Joe smiled back, but still looked nervous about the situation.

"Will, wake up! Can you hear me?" Joyce cried out, "Will, please, just wake up. Please, wake up! It's Mom! It's me!"

Will gasped, his eyes flying wide open.

___________________________________

Joyce quickly got Will inside and grabbed his things. Everyone was silent, not daring to speak till Joyce and Will were out of proximity.

"Okay, that totally freaked me out," Max said, breaking the silence that hung over the group like a thick fog, "Did that not freak you guys out?"

"Two episodes in two days," Lucas pointed out.

"It's getting worse," Joe stated gravely.

"You think it's True Sight?" Lucas asked, looking at Mike.

"What's True Sight?" Max asked.

"It's nothing," Joe said quickly to cover up what they had been talking about earlier, "It's just their dumb game."

She had to lie to Max. It was to protect her. She couldn't lose someone else to The Upside Down. She had just lost El because of all this bullshit. It couldn't happen again. She wouldn't allow it.

The group watched as Joyce pulled away from the school. Joe had a really bad feeling about all of this.