•the hawkins defense force•

"I'm totally gay."

They all went to the Byers' household

They all went to the Byers' household. That always seemed to be the base of operations. The house was in disarray, but not with Christmas lights this time. The walls were covered in weird drawings. It looked like a map of some sort.

Will was knocked out. Joe had learned they drugged him because apparently he could spy on them for the Mind Flayer. Not good.

Hopper was on the phone trying to get help, but it didn't seem like he was getting through to anyone that could actually assist with the current situation at hand. The lab had been overrun, leaving Dr. Sam Owens trapped inside. Joe was glad that her friends had made it out okay, except for Joyce's boyfriend, Bob, who had died at the hands of the Demogorgon pack.

The kids were sat at the kitchen table. They watched as Hopper hung up the phone in anger. Clearly, he didn't have a very productive conversation with the woman on the phone.

"They didn't believe you, did they?" Dustin asked, standing so Joe could have a chair.

"We'll see," Hopper replied, turning to look at the kids.

"'We'll see'?" Mike asked, dissatisfied at Hopper's response, "We can't just sit here while those things are loose!"

"We stay here, and we wait for help," Hopper replied in a calm tone.

Joe had never seen Hopper this level-headed. He gave Mike one last look, before heading down the hall to check on Joyce.

"So, I guess you were telling the truth, Harrington," Max stated, looking into Joe's eyes.

"I wouldn't lie to you," Joe said, "Friends don't lie."

Joe didn't want to be friends. She wanted to be more than that. She wished she could shout her true feelings for Max from the rooftop.

"Yeah," Max smiled, almost a little sadly, "Friends."

Did-Did Max feel the same way? I mean, they did almost kiss, but that could have been an accident. Maybe Joe had misread the situation. Maybe this was all in Joe's head and she was just reading into a situation a little too much because she wanted it that badly. Yeah, it's probably all in my head, she thought, sighing in disappointment.

Mike got up, interrupting Joe's thoughts. He walked across the room, looking at stuff on the table. It belonged to Bob.

"Did you guys know that Bob was the original founder of Hawkins AV?" He asked.

"Really?" Lucas asked.

Mike turned to look at the group as they sat at the Byers' kitchen table.

"He petitioned the school to start it and everything. Then he had a fundraiser for equipment," Mike explained, "Mr. Clarke learned everything from him. Pretty awesome, right?"