•mad max•

"Who the fuck is Mad Max?"

Joanna "Joe" Harrington scrambled around her large home in search of any piece of money she could find

Joanna "Joe" Harrington scrambled around her large home in search of any piece of money she could find. Although from a more wealthy family, they didn't tend to have loose coins around.

"Ugh, where the fuck is my piggy bank?" Joe mumbled aloud, searching through cabinets in the kitchen.

Her older brother, Steve Harrington, sat in the dining room, working on his college essay about being a basketball star at Hawkins High.

"Language," he mumbled, not even looking up from the paper.
"Steve-O , do you have any coins on you?" The short haired girl wondered, creeping over his shoulder to see what he was working on.
"No, now get out of here I'm busy," he shooed her away.

She went up to her room. She had already searched there for money, but she was desperate. She pulled out desk drawers, crawled under her bed, and even checked the top of her closet. She had nothing.

She groaned in annoyance just as her walkie talkie came to life with the voice of Dustin.

"Joe, its me, Dustin. What's your haul?"
"Literally nothing," she groaned in annoyance, "I think Steve is holding out on me."
"That's okay, you can always borrow some of our coins," Dustin stated, "I gotta go. See you there!"

She put the walkie talkie down and smiled. Dustin was a good kid. She ran back down the stairs, grabbing her brother's oversized brown leather jacket. She put it on quickly, hoping he wouldn't notice her leaving.

"Where do you think you're going?"

Joe groaned internally as she turned around to face her older brother.

"I'm going to the arcade."
"Do you want me to drive you?"

Steve had been protective ever since he saw the monster in the Byers household.

"I'll be fine, Steve," Joe replied, "Thanks though! See ya!"

__________________________________

Joe pulled up to the brightly lit arcade on her bike. She quickly parked it in the bike rack and joined her friends on the sidewalk. They were waiting for Will, the last member to their party. He finally pulled up, and got out, running towards them. They headed inside, straight to the game of their choice, Dragon's Lair.

"To slay the dragon, use the magic sword," the animated princess directed, causing Dustin to groan.
"Oh, Jesus! I'm in uncharted territory here, guys," he groaned.

Suddenly, the game started up way faster than anticipated.

"Down! Down! Down!" The kids all shouted, jumping up and down excitedly while watching.
"I'm going! I'm going!"