•family forever•

"We all may fight, but in the end, we are a family. Forever."

"The Mind Flayer, it built this monster in Hawkins to stop El, to kill her and us, then take over our world," Joe explained to the whole group, catching everyone up to speed

"And it almost did," Max added, "That was just one tiny piece of it."

Joe and Max were standing next to Steve. Max wished that she was holding Joe's hand, but Steve had his arm protectively wrapped around his sister's shoulders. Joe looked tired as she leaned into the older boy. Sometimes, Max wished she was taller than Joe, so that she could provide comfort like that.

She needs to rest, Max thought, she hasn't even had time to really breathe since literally being brought back from the dead. But alas, there was nothing anyone could do about that. Joe was a huge piece of the puzzle. She couldn't leave now. It was too dangerous.

"How big is this thing?" Hopped asked, looking at Joe for the answer.

They had briefly caught up those who weren't there on Joe being briefly under The Mind Flayer's control.

"It's huge. Probably as tall as Starcourt," Joe stated, "I fear it will only grow bigger if given the chance."

"It's gotta be thirty feet at least," Jonathan added.

"Yeah," Lucas nodded in agreement, then turned to Hopper, "It sorta destroyed your cabin."

Hopper looked down, a look of irritation and sadness in his eyes.

"Sorry," Lucas mumbled weakly.

Idiot, Joe thought to herself.

"Okay, so, just to be clear, this...this big fleshy spider thing that hurt El and possessed my sister, it's some kind of gigantic... weapon?" Steve asked, looking for clarification.

To be fair, they were all trying to figure out each other's stories and where they fit into each other, almost like a really fucked up puzzle. Joe didn't blame Steve for being confused. Joe was still somewhat confused on how the Russians fit into all of this.

"Yes," Nancy nodded.

"But instead of, like, screws and metal, The Mind Flayer made its weapon... with melted people," Steve stated as he thought aloud.

"Unfortunately, yeah," Joe told him.

It's even scarier to think how close I was to becoming one of those melted people, Joe thought grimly, but there was no way she would tell Steve that. Not now at least. It was too soon and too much was happening. They needed to worry about the present, not the past. We're okay, Joe repeated to herself internally. She wished she was more convincing.

"Yeah, okay. I- Yeah, I'm just making sure," Steve said.

"Are we sure this thing is still out there, still alive?" Joyce asked.