•straight from the upside down•

"Mike, this isn't a game of D&D."

"This is the reason I was late to class," Dustin stated proudly, setting his proton pack onto Mr

"This is the reason I was late to class," Dustin stated proudly, setting his proton pack onto Mr. Clarke's desk.
"Pretty neat," Mr. Clarke commented, "These doors function?"

Little did he know, the contents inside were a never before seen creature. Dustin couldn't wait to show him. Lucas, Joe, and Max stood by, watching Dustin with nervous excitement. What would Mr. Clarke think? Hell, they could become famous.

"Well, yeah, obviously, but it's not about the trap," Dustin explained, "It's what's inside. Now, this very well may change your perception of the world."
"Consider my interest piqued."
"Alright, first, let's just clarify that... this is my discovery, not yours."
"Dustin, Jesus! Just show him!" Lucas was fed up with the circling around, he just wanted Dustin to get to the point.
"I'm just trying to clarify-"
"Dustin!" Max and Joe said at the same time, causing them to look at each other quickly with a light blush staining their rosy and youthful cheeks.
"Okay, fine," Dustin succumbed to the peer pressure.

Before the trap could be opened, the door busted open with Mike running in, Will on his heels.

"Stop!" Mike dramatically yelled like he was breaking up a wedding.

Mike flew into the room, practically falling onto Mr. Clarke's desk. His hands were shaking as he frantically picked up the trap which held Dart.

"I'm sorry, Mr. Clarke," he apologized, "It was just a stupid prank."
"What are you doing?" Dustin yelled in shock.
"We need to go," Mike stated, holding the trap close to his chest, "Right now! Right now!"
"Mike!" Joe called after him, but he was already running out of the mostly empty science classroom.

The remaining kids looked at each other briefly before they all ran out after Mike. Mike ran straight for the AV Club Room, letting everyone in, except for Max. Joe turned around, ready to say something to her redheaded friend, but she was nowhere to be seen. All she saw was Mike locking the door and walking towards the rest of them. Joe rose an eyebrow. The banging on the door began.

"Hello? Hello?" Joe heard Max's voice call from the other side of the thick door, "Joe? Guys, come on. Can I come in yet?"

It broke Joe's heart a little hearing Max call for her.

"No!" Mike shouted.

"Come on, Mike," Joe rolled her eyes, "Just let her in for God's sake."

"No!" he shouted again, even angrier than before.

Mike began to relay a strange story of how Will knew Dart, or at least something like him.

"I don't understand," Lucas sighed after hearing what Mike said.

"What don't you understand?" Mike asked flabbergasted.

"Will saw something that looked like Dart last year?" Lucas asked.

"Kind of," Will muttered nervously, "Except there was no tail."

Did Will see Dart in the Upside Down? No, that couldn't be. They had defeated the evil that lurked down there. The Demogorgan was dead, and because of it being dead, Eleven was too. Joe had witnessed that with her own eyes.

"But then he heard it yesterday," Mike told us, "The same exact sound."

"Why didn't you tell us before, Will?" Joe asked, worried about her friend.

She had to put Max out of her mind for now. She had to focus on Will. He could be in trouble again.

"I wasn't sure," Will replied hesitantly, clearly thinking things over in his mind like a play by play.

"So it's a coincidence," Dustin stated with finality.

"Or not," Mike replied, looking between the group, "What if when Will was stuck in the upside down, he somehow acquired True Sight?"

Joe rolled her eyes. As much as she could put up with the antics of the admittedly nerdy boys, this wasn't a game of D&D anymore, this was real life.

"Mike, this isn't a game of D&D," Joe stated, her hands on her hips.

She couldn't believe that they basically kicked Max out to practically talk game strategy.

"C'mon Joe, maybe the episodes that Will keeps having aren't really flashbacks at all," Mike peered into what felt like her soul, "Maybe they're real."

"Are you insinuating that Will can somehow see into the Upside Down?" Joe asked, one of her thin eyebrows shooting up quizzically.

Mike gave a nod that caused the group to get shivers that none of them wanted to admit they got.

"So that would mean..."
"Dart is from the Upside Down."

Authors Note: So, it's been a while. I've been so busy with life tbh, it's been crazy. With free time due to Covid, here I am. Enjoy this filler chapter! More to come soon hopefully :)