•the wound•

"I need you to stay real still."

All they could really do was watch Eleven scream in pain

All they could really do was watch Eleven scream in pain. No one knew what was under her skin or what was going to happen when it eventually clawed itself out. Joe took a step back, fear in her eyes.

"He knows. He knows we're here," She muttered as she backed away, but nobody seemed to hear her.

She could feel her palms start to sweat. She could handle a lot, but the pure terror she felt about The Mind Flayer defeated her. She couldn't do it again. The things he had made her do... it made her sick.

The flesh on Eleven's ankle began to almost bubble and sizzle. The familiar dark veins of the flayed covered the wound.

"What is that?" Erica asked with disgust.

"There's something in there," Mike stated the obvious.

The flesh began to start bleeding again. Joe felt a chill travel down her spine. She was on edge, but not for the same reasons as everyone else. She could sense the presence of The Mind Flayer here. It was like they were still entwined sometimes. She was free, but not really.

"Jesus Christ," Dustin mumbled.

"Keep her talking. Keep her awake, okay?" Jonathan told the group as he scrambled to his feet.

Joe crouched to the ground to get a closer look. Whatever is in there, I have to kill it the minute it gets out, She thought. I can't let it see where we are. I can't.

"Hey, hey, hey. Stay awake, stay awake," Mike said to his girlfriend, before looking at the rest of the group, "Let's get her on this side."

Dustin and Steve began to move the girl.

"It's, uh... You know, it's not actually that bad. There was a...The goalie on my soccer team, Beth Wildfire, this other girl slid into her leg, and the bone came out of her knee," Robin explained nervously, clearly in shock, and maybe having a mild panic attack, "Six inches or something, it was insane."

"Robin," Joe calmly said, grabbing her hand to try to steady the girl whose thoughts were moving a mile a minute.

Max knew she should be focusing on El, but she couldn't help but notice Joe reaching for Robin's hand. She felt the familiar surge of jealousy hit her once more.

Robin looked down at Joe, a pink hue covering her cheeks that was drowned out by the neon lights of the mall.

"Yeah?" Robin asked as calmly as she could manage.

"You're not helping," Steve said, interrupting them.

"I'm sorry," She quickly apologized.

She glanced back down at Joe, who still held onto her hand. Joe gave her an apologetic smile.