drunk me

Edited!
🩶
Author

It's been about a week since Marcus broke up with you, and it hasn't been easy for you at all. You've been drinking your life away, wasting the days in your room just drinking and drinking. You were a mess, you truly loved Marcus with all your heart and you still do so much. You don't know exactly why he ended it so suddenly, but all you know is that it broke your heart and drinking is what you're doing to cope with it.

You didn't take care of yourself. You had heavy eyes, and a very heavy heart. You had mascara all around your eyes, and all down your face. They're bloodshot as well. You really missed the boy who gave you your smile back, who gave you a meaning in life. You don't have that anymore and it's quickly draining you. Constant knocks came to your door some days, by a worried Saya. You've basically locked yourself in your room and didn't let anyone in, even Saya's who's your best friend. But today was different, she ended up finding a way in and it shocked her by the mess she was seeing. Bottles of booze all over, your bloodshot eyes and just your messy self. She had no choice but to go to Marcus, who knew deep down he still cared about you, and strongly loved you.

🩶

Saya found him smoking in the alley, almost as if he were a mess too and smoking his life away.

" you need to help her. She's a mess, Marcus. I can't even explain to what I walked in on but it's not good and it's bad, go get her. She needs you and you need her, now go." She lectured the boy, who took no time in rushing off to your house. When he got there, it immediately broke his heart. He found you the same way Saya found you, and she wasn't wrong when she said it was bad, it's this bad.

" oh precious.." he mumbled, walking over and removing the booze from your hand. " this is all my fault, i thought ending things would protect you.." he explained, frowning as you were a complete mess.

" you being here in general would always protect me." She whispered, her voice all quiet and low. Marcus went to the bathroom to find your makeup remover so he could get the mascara off your face. Walking back, he sat on your bed, scooting close to you as he gently wiped your eyes. When he was done, he threw the remover away and cuddled you so tightly as he's ever done before. He hated himself for hurting you this much, it broke his heart terribly. Now he knew, he could never leave this girl. He still has so much love for her, just as she does.

" I'm never leaving you again, precious. I love you way too much, and always will. I promise." He whispered in your ear, pressing a soft kiss on your neck. You responded by cuddled into him more, feeling safe and secured. You two soon fell asleep, and the next morning Marcus got up early to clean up your room and throw the booze away, frowning at so many bottles. He'll never break your heart again. It belongs to him, and his belongs to you.

🩶

Cringy? Too dramatic? 😭