Chapter 48

Megha's POV

My eyes were blood shot with the effort to keep my tears within. The rain lashing at me was nothing compared to the tempest swirling inside me.

" How could you, Megha? With one accusation, you broke my home"

" Amma... I didn't know . I was misinformed...I am sorry"

"Misinformed....misinformed...Will your sorry bring back the three years I lost with my Abhi? Will it do away the loneliness my heart felt on seeing it's child far away? Answer me Megha"

I could only bow down my head in regret. No justification could be given for the mistake I have done

"Amma..."

"Not this time, Abhi. I stoned my heart to let you go. I understood Megha’s pain but did she ever understand ours. Now she is unabashedly standing in front of us saying Anita is innocent and she made a mistake....A MISTAKE"

With every word Amma's voice was getting louder and louder.

"Calm down ,Amma. It is not good for you to take stress"

"How can I be calm after hearing this,Ram. You...know...that..."

Suddenly ,Amma began gasping for breathe.

"Amma...."

All shouted and rushed towards her.
Meenu Chechi immediately got a glass of water.

With tears falling, Amma at first refused until Jeet interferred.

" Amma, I know you are hurt but at this moment nothing is more important than you. Please calm down " he said while extending the glass of water

After a lot of  appeasement, she reluctantly agreed to let the matter go for now. Meenu Chechi then gently guided her towards her room.

"Jeet..."

But before I could continue, Priya interrupted.

Yes Priya...She is once again back in our lives

"Abhi, I know you don't care for me much and I don't expect you too, afterall somewhere I was at fault. I realize my mistake and once again I apologize. But the matter is not about us, it is about Aunty. I have seen her wallowing in sadness for the past 3 years. What was her fault in all this?....." she stopped to give me a glare and with a sarcastic undertone continued,
"One fine day, Megha suddenly decides to adopt a kid and Anita may or may not have blocked this attempt and then to forget the pain , you both leave the house....How was it fair to Aunty,Abhi? To become the PERFECT husband , you forgot to become a SON. I don't have the right to speak between a husband wife but I am entitled to be concerned for Aunty's health. Thank your lucky stars that it turned out to be a misdiagnosis from the doctor and she doesn't need a bypass but still her condition is weak. Utmost care has to be taken to ensure that it doesn't take a bad turn"

I fell down on my knees, screaming out in agony....frustration... guilt , letting the outpouring from above to absorb all of it,in it's lap. Each cold spatter was nothing short of a whip on my soul which I welcomed with open arms, anything to forget the piercing pain of their words.

Before I could let myself go, I was pulled away from the cruel play of nature.

" Have you gone mad,Jaan?"