Chapter 21

Megha's POV

" Jaan....Jaan....JAAN..."

" Why are you shouting?" I asked looking at him from where I was sitting

" Why am I shouting? I have been calling you for the past 10 minutes. Where are you lost?"

" Jeet.... Can you not go to office today?" I asked cautiously

" What!"

He looked at me perplexed while I lowered my head .

I was nibbling on my lips when Jeet made me look up.

" What is the matter , Jaan. You are really scaring me?"

Seeing him so perturbed, I rushed to pacify him.

" There is nothing to worry but today I want you beside me."

" I am always there, Jaan but tell me truthfully, what is disturbing you?"

" Jeet... I .... th..ink....I ....think...." I trailed off as I looked into Jeet's expectant eyes.

I hugged him tightly to get the required courage as well as to calm my fast beating heart

" I think I....am... pregnant" I whispered into his chest

There was absolute silence for a minute then he caught hold off my shoulder and looked into my eyes. His eyes questioning me whether this is true.

His widened eyes showed the shock he was experiencing but in before my eyes I saw the change.

The initial shock on his face changed into immense joy. He started jumping here and there in the room shouting.

" I am going to a FATHER.... FATHER...Oh my God... Jaan .... We are going to be parents.... We are pregnant"

His smile was so addictive that I too forgot for a moment but when reality crashed, I took hold of his hand and made him sit beside me

" Jeet ...please calm down "

" How can I? You gave me the bestest news of my life , Jaan"

" Jeet .... please now you are scaring me"

Suddenly, Jeet's smile dimmed and his face filled with concern

" What is it, Jaan? Are you not happy..." he broke off

" No... Jeet... That is not what I meant. But I have not yet confirmed it. This is why I want you to come with me today to the hospital but seeing your excitement I am afraid, what if the result is negative?" I spoke out my fear

He gave me his most gentle smile and cupped my face preciously

"Jaan, don't fear when I am with you. Yes I may have got carried away for a moment but whatever may the future holds, I am and will be definitely going to be happy with it. Even it is negative today then also it will be fine. Maybe this is not our time but our time will surely arrive"

The sweet kiss on my forehead melted away the slight fear in my heart .

We both decided to go to the hospital as soon as possible. In our own way, we were excited as well as nervous.

" Congratulations..... you are pregnant"

The words were revolving around my head.

We were not able to control ourselves back there and started hugging ourselves in the doctor's room itself . Even though we were embarrassed at first but it didn't dampen our spirit.

We are now rushing home to share this happy news. I looked over at Jeet, who is having this wide smile with a twinkle in his eyes.

At that precise moment, he turned towards me and our eyes met. Both our eyes welled up in this new found happiness. I leaned against his shoulder as the beautiful silence danced with our joy.