Chapter 20

Megha's POV

I was lost in my thoughts when I felt two arms wrapping me in its cocoon. I leaned back into it's protective embrace leaving behind all my turmoil.

" Are you okay?"

I looked into Jeet's concern filled eyes. There was a lot of confusion in my heart which I wanted to share but not today.

Today is just for US.

" Yes, I am "

I could see my reply didn't satisfy him. After all who am I kidding, I have never been able to hid anything from anyone and with Jeet it is next to impossible. He can read me like a book.

" Dont give me that look. I am really good but there is something which is bothering me...." I trailed off as again those thoughts invaded my mind.

"You know you can tell me anything"

" Yes I know but those are not so important than you for me and today...tonight is only for us. "

A brilliant smile formed on his face which was enough for me to forget my agitation at present.

" Just us.... Exactly what have you planned. Are you trying to give me a heartattack?" he asked me with a knowing smirk.

Entwining my arms around his neck, I whispered seductively in his ears,

"Are you so low on stamina that you may get one? I thought you could handle ME?"

A mischievous grin spread on my lips as Jeet's eyes widened on hearing my double entendre.

Without warning, his lips caught mine in a passionate kiss. The word kiss comes short for what I was experiencing. It was an onslaught of emotions. Passion, desire, love , lust , each and every emotions was on forefront. We both were on a warpath trying to come on top.

We parted after a while to catch our breath. As we stood there, panting, I heard his whisper,

" I love you , my Jaan till my last breath"

Before I could respond, I felt him pushing a ring onto my finger.

I looked down to see a beautiful emerald ring.

" With this ring, I promise you my love and trust"

His words and the promising smile gave way to a lone tear which escaped it's cage.

I caught his hand which was gently wiping away my tear and placed a deep kiss .

I was not surprised to see his astonishment when I gave him his gift.

" Jaan... this...." he was truly speechless

Giving a small laugh, I said,

" We are truly made for each other. I also brought the same for the same reasons"

His face was testament to his happiness as he looked down at the emerald ring I presented.

" I love you too, Jeet .... Now and forever"

Yes, we both choose an emerald ring to present our better half, as a promise of our love.

We were staring at each other with all our desires when it was suddenly broken by Jeet's husky voice

"Don't know why, Jaan... but suddenly I am very very hungry"

The intent behind his word gave me goosebumps throughout my body and as the electricity coursing through mine refused to subside, I replied while looking deeply into his eyes,

" Me too..."

Later as were laying in each other's embrace, I turned to see the look of contentment on him . There was a childish smile playing on his lips as he slept, which in turn brought a smile to my face.

After giving him a peck on his forehead, I moved towards the balcony as a snippet of conversation from early evening again started crossing my mind.

" I am so excited. How the time flies , its already 1 year to our marrige"

Meenu Chechi chucked seeing my enthusiasm

" So any special plans....." her teasing tone and smile was enough to turn me into a red tomato

" Stop teasing me.... you are acting like you didn't do anything one month back" I retorted

" Oh I sure did.... but I also remember you making my life hell with your teasing and innuendoes much before that. Now I am entitled to return the favor"

I looked at my sister dumbstruck

" You have become so shameless .... Where is my sweet Meenu Chechi? "

" I am here only and I have to become shameless if I have to stand up to you "

" Dont blame me , it is all your husband who made you like this . Afterall I am seeing your this avatar after marriage only"

" Don't go around blaming my poor husband" Meenu Chechi rose to Ram Chettan's defense

Sensing a good opportunity to turn the tide in my favor, I started mercilessly teasing Chechi.

We were laughing and having the time of our lives when Chettathi entered with the evening tea.

" Chettathi, good thing you also came. We were talking about our plans on our first anniversary. So tell na, what you did on yours?"

Suddenly, the warm smile on Anita Chettathi's face disappeared while a faraway look took its place.

" Chettathi...."

Hearing our call, she gave us a tight lipped smile and said,

"Not everyone is as lucky as both of you"

Before we could contemplate the meaning behind her words, she left us on the pretense of work

Coming back to the present, I couldn't forget the pain in Chettathi 's eyes as well as the hurt in her voice.

From that time, my heart is beating with an unknown fear.

Finally, realizing that talking this out with Jeet is the only way to come out of this confusion, I decided to talk with him as soon as possible .

After pacifying my heart for the time being, I walked back into the room and cuddled upto Jeet. Automatically his arms came around me to pull me closer. Feeling his warmth, my agitated heart calmed down.

I then slipped into a peaceful sleep unknown to the incoming storm soon to bombard into our lives.....