Chapter 12

Abhijeet's POV

"Fresh Fresh juice to the fresh mother"

I entered Raj Chettan and Chettathi's room with the juice Amma sent for her while giggling at my own joke

" I don't feel like having it, Abhi" Chettathi tried to refuse

" Nothing doing.... If I take this back, Amma will have my hide. Come on don't fuss, only then I will get a cute cute healthy little princess"

" You want a girl"

" Of course....Just like my beautiful Chettathi....After all you are the best "

The smile on Chettathi's lip dimmed and I released a sigh, seeing her stress filled face.I don't know whether I will be able to convince her or not but this matter could not be left unaddressed. 

So taking a deep breathe and praying to all gods, I started speaking

"Chettathi, I know the initial phase of your marriage with Chettan was not as you expected....."

She jerked her head up in shock but I didn't  stop

".....I also know I have no right to comment on it but somehow we were all part of it . We are not proud of what happened in the past and can't change it but learn from it to move forward. "

" Why are you bringing  this all up now? " she asked sternly

" I heard Appachi's ( Father's  sister) conversation with you last night"

I could see the surprise on her face which turned to grim but she remained mum and I took this as an opportunity  to continue

" She is elder to us and I respect her for that but we all know how she thinks. That is the reason I was coming to her to apologize for what Megha said when I heard both of you talking. I only wanted to tell you one thing, your position in our life can never be taken by anyone else and don't ever think that Amma or Acha love them more. I know for sure that they may love their sons a little less but their daughters are all the same to them"

She gave me a sad smile and stroked my cheek

" I understand ,Abhi but what to do somewhere deep inside, that insecure girl is still there and Appachi's words just brought forth that period of life that I wanted to forget"

" That's why I came to apologize  on her behalf....Please Chettathi....dont misunderstand anyone based on her words"  concern and fear was evident in my voice

This time she gave me a genuine smile and said,

" I agree that I was hurt but I will not take anything the wrong way and please don't tell about this to anyone. Other than bringing distance between  relationships  , it will not achieve anything. You know how Acha loves and respects Appachi"

" Hmmm.....but if I ever see her trying to break our relationships then I will not stay silent"

" Of course....Now give me the juice....I think now your niece is very hungry" Chettathi diverted the topic and I let her for now

Eventhough my mind calmed down after talking to Chettathi but my heart was still in turmoil as if expecting a storm.

Megha's POV

" Are you okay, Jeet?"

" What..!"

" From the time you have come from Chettathi 's room you have been silent and brooding.  Is anthing bothering  you?"

Jeet looked at me. I could see that he was really worried. The usual spark in his eyes were missing and the tension in him is making me very uneasy.

I took his hands in mine and squeezed it gently, urging him to speak.