Chapter 28

Megha's POV

We have been walking on egg shells for the past two months. Though everyone pretends to be fine , I can still feel the lingering sadness in the air.

After that day, Acha and Amma was really hurt that we tried to hide such an important matter . Even though it took some effort , we managed to pacify them but Appachi is altogether another matter.

She never leaves any chance to taunt me. Meenu Chechi and Jeet tries to protect me but I have told them to just let it be. She is so set in her way that she can't change and I won't lie, it hurts. Hurts real bad.

We are now in the process of slowly accepting our written destiny and Appachi's words don't help.

" Mohan.... Veena.... See who have come to visit us"

Hearing Appachi's yelling , I went to the drawing room to see what and who is causing this ruckus.

I was stunned to see Appachi smiling and hugging a girl of our age.

" Priya, it's been a long time . How are you?" Amma asked

" I am good ,Aunty. Was busy with my masters . Now all is completed and I am back" she said while hugging Amma.

Everyone had a welcoming smile on their face except for one. The fake smile on Chettathi's face could not hide the agitation and nervousness. But the question is why?

" Hi Abhi, you have become too handsome for your good"

" Oye , don't put you bad eye on me" Jeet retorted teasingly to Priya

"Look at them, seeing them together brings back the good old days , doesn't it Mohan"

" Sure, Chechi" Achan said smiling

For others, it may have been a normal conversation but only I could see the glint in Appachi's eyes. That did not sit well with me. One thing is sure, this girl , Priya is not good news.

Later that night, I was curiously staring at Jeet who was abnormally TOO excited.

"What is the matter, Jeet? You are very happy today"

I was not able to keep away the sarcasm from my voice

" Should I not be happy?" Crunching his eyebrow he asked in confusion

" Of course, you can be . But today you seems over the top especially since SOMEONE arrived" I said barely concealing my annoyance

There was an absolute silence after my statement. It continued for some time and finally not able to bear it any longer I looked up to see a smirking Jeet.

I was unnerved by the look Jeet was giving me but still with all the confidence in me, I too returned it back with an unparalleled attitude.

Jeet then sauntered towards me with a sly smile playing on his lips. Before I could react, he had me pinned between himself and the bedpost.

" I never thought I will see the day when the great Megha Abhijeet Krishna is JEALOUS " he nipped my ear while whispering seductively

I was falling weak in front of his sexy smile and the passionate desire in his eyes but still I didn't back down. After all I AM Megha Abhijeet Krishna.

" I am not jealous and I don't need to be" Maybe I sounded arrogant but I didn't care

" Soooo if I just go down to spend some time with Priya, you won't mind, right?"

" Why should I? You are free to go and spend time with PRIYA..." I trailed off as I got out of his hold

"....but then I have to make sure to HER who you really belongs to" I ended with a smug look