Chapter 16

Megha's POV

Enough is enough. I am boiling with anger at Jeet. I don't know why but for the past few weeks, he has been blowing hot and cold with me, fully knowing its effect . What is he up to?

Thinking all this I sat on the bed miserably, remembering  all our times together till the day I confessed my feelings. A smile bloomed automatically when I recollected how Jeet responded to my proposal. His touch and kisses are still engraved deep within me.

I have been a fool to not recognize my feelings sooner. Nowadays, Jeet, his actions, his words are fully occupying my thoughts. This brought me back to the situation at hand.

Today, we have arranged a baby shower for Chettathi. Jeet is super busy looking over the arrangements.  I could even say that he is more excited than any of us. This is another one of his traits that makes him endearing to me.
But I am confused, why is he acting like this with me.

" You have no idea how distressing it was for me past months but I love you so much that I am giving you time to catch up to me"  he said mischievously  with a naughty glint in his eyes

I remembered  a snippet of conversation that I had with him after we came back that day. Suddenly, my eyes widened realizing what Jeet is doing.

"Oh... so you want me to catch up...Then I surely will , my dear husband. You have no idea whom you are dealing with. Now YOU will watch, how I catch up" I smirked on my thoughts

In the evening, I came down, dressed to the T to impress certain someone . I was excited but filled with nerves also thinking about my plan.

" Oh ho , my sweet sister,  are you planning to give heart attack to my brother?"

" What are you saying? Why do I want to give heartattack to my hubby but I wouldn't  mind a jolt" I smugly replied to Ram Chettan's teasing

" My poor brother"

" Ram Chetta, he can be lot of things but never poor and by end of today he will also learn to never mess with Megha.......Megha Abhijeet Krishna"

With an arrogant attitude, I strutted out from there while Ram Chettan had a baffled look on his face.

Abhijeet's POV

" What did you do?"

I turned around to see Ram Chettan  giving me a suspicious  look.

" Why are you looking at me like I did something wrong?"

He narrowed his eyes and said, " That you sure did"

I instantly became alert seeing a smirk slowly spreading across his face.

" Why am I feeling scared all of a sudden?"

" Karma ...Have you heard about it my little brother...."

" You are here to lecture me about karma....Please I am not interested " I said with boredom reflecting  from my voice

" Then you should be...You remember how you used to tease me with Meenu... You made my life hell but today I get to reap the fruits of my patience. "

" What do you mean?" Then my eyes widened as meaning of his words registered, " What is Megha upto?"

" Wah.... you caught on quickly... I am impressed"

" Chetta, this is not the time. Did Megha say anything to you?"

" She said many things but one thing was crystal clear. You are gone" saying this he mimicked slitting his throat

I gulped down the panic as he asked again, "What did you do to bring her wrath?"

" I was having little fun by teasing her"

I muttered those last words very softly that Ram Chettan nearly missed it.

"My dear bro, you have awaken the lioness. Now be prepared to face the consequences.  In matters of this, you are only reached kindergarten  where she is the principal of that school"

" Don't scare me. Tell me what to do" I asked with a pout.

" I seriously  don't know but I have heard from Meenu that whenever Megha gets into one of her moods, then no one can escape her"

"Idea.... I will ask Meenu Chettathi to help me. You are of no use " I said while giving him a glare.

" Why are you getting angry at me? You yourself invited the trouble and now blaming me. By the by, you act very brave infront of us where did that go now.  O' Lord thank you for showing me  the sight of my brother quaking in his boots with fear of his wife"

I looked at him disgustingly at his dramatic act.

" Dont jump too much. If Meenu Chettati has also been like Megha, then you would have understood my predicament "

" So you agree that you are in trouble"

" I can't run away from the truth. Deep in my heart I always knew that I would have to pay for my teasing" I said with an exasperated  sigh

Hearing my acceptance of my state, Chettan burst out laughing while
I have to grit my teeth to prevent some colorful words from flowing out.

That is how Meenu Chettathi found us.

" What is going on here between you two?What happened? " She asked with an amused smile

" Your sister happened"  saying this Ram Chettan continued his howling with no regard to the warning in my eyes.

" What did Megha do now?" She asked  in dismay

" Nothing till  now, dear but my brother became so brave that he tried to put hand in lioness's  mouth"

I could see her confused glance at me and raised her eyebrows in question.

" I thought to take a little revenge game with her but I think it is going to back fire at me big time" I explained with regret

" Are you mad? You know how she is . If you do something with her then she will give it back 100 times, still you.....I really don't have any words.... Will surely pray for you"

" Chettathi....." I wailed

Suddenly, Ram Chettan  tapped on my shoulder and pointed to something. Me and Meenu Chettathi turned to see what caught his attention and what I saw left me wide eyed and appalled.

MY WIFE was flirting with MY COUSIN in front of me......