Chapter 13

Megha's POV

I am ecstatic today. After a gap of 2 months , I feel like I can be myself . After my conversation with Jeet, I was really tip toeing around Appachi. For the first time in my life, I am thinking 10 times before uttering a single word. There were times when I just wanted to burst out on her for her thinking but seeing Acha's love, I stop myself . But now finally she is leaving and I can take my breathe freely.

A smile automatically bloomed on my face at this and I started skipping happily

" Wow.... someone is very chirpy today "

I turned to look at Jeet who was having a smirk on his face

" Anything special....?" he asked knowing fully well what is the reason for my happiness

"Should there be anything SPECIAL  today that I shouldn't be happy about?" I retorted back with a sly smile

" There was something..... what was it.. what was it....I am not able to recollect" he started tapping his forehead as if trying to remember

" You are a pathetic actor"

" But you are an Oscar worthy one, my dear wife.... Even an actor takes a break but you.... Wah....what a mind blowing performance for the past couple of months. Not only Appachi you made EVEN ME believe that you are a naive and docile daughter-in-law as she wanted..... I am floored, Jaan"

" O Mister, this is nothing.... there are lot of things that your wife can do which you know nothing about" I boasted

For a moment he looked at me intensely  and without breaking eye contact, he whispered  in a husky voice,

" Really....Then I am eagerly waiting  for it to unveil" 

The change was so sudden that I stood there,  literally speechless while he continued staring at me passionately.

I could feel the temperature in the room becoming hot, very very hot.

Although we were standing apart still I was feeling his touch on every part of my body. It was like he was ravishing me with just his eyes.

I gulped down the nervousness as he started walking towards me. My heart beat was rising with his each step.

As he stood before me, I stared up into his eyes, the passion and the love shinning in them making me weak at my knees. I am able to sense his each and every emotion as clear as the contours of his face.  With a smile,  he removed my hair tendril behind my ears and that simple feathery touch was enough to leave me with goosebumps . 

" Please fall in love WITH ME sooner, It is getting hard for me each day" I could hear the yearning  in his voice as he whispered near my ears .

He turned to leave, then looked back and hesitantly he placed a kiss on my cheek which sent shivers all through my body.

With a smile and wink, he was gone.

Once he left, I stumbled and sat on the bed. One moment we were teasing each other,as usual and the next second the atmosphere turned crackling with tension. This has now been happening more frequently.

I know we are married and we are also slowly moving from friends to becoming something else but what is this feeling of uneasiness and anxiety I am feeling suddenly ?What is happening to me? Is this due to the  attraction or ......love?

Amma always told me that to the world we may stand strong but our vulnerabilities are reserved for our loved ones only. Today I saw his longing for me and it has left me shaky.

Even though he always told me that he loved me, I somehow made my heart to believe that it is only an attraction. I was never the one to believe in love at first sight but now I am questioning  my beliefs.

Without words, I truly FELT the warmth of his love. He had already given me the words and today I realized he has been proving it by his actions ever since.

I am always the one with big gestures, maybe that is why I didn't recognize  Jeet's biggest gift of love.... HIS TRUST ....HIS SUPPORT....My eyes teared up and my emotions began to flow out in form of tears.

I am truly scared now. What if I never fall for him? What if I am not able to give what Jeet deserves? Will I ever be able to love him in the way that he loves me?

I began pacing around the room while seeking answers to my questions from my heart and mind but to my despair all I got was  complete silence.....

Abhijeet's POV

I had to get out from the room otherwise I don't know what I would have done.

I had promised Megha that I would wait for her and she can take as long as she needs but didn't realize it then how difficult it is going to be

Something is sure changing between us. Our teasing nowadays ends in me always wanting more. Only I know how much I restrained myself from pulling her into my arms and kissing her senseless.

Seeing her everyday in my room, as part of me brings me immense joy. I just wish I too become part of her as soon as possible.  I have never been a patient man but at this point, to just hear those three words from her I can wait for a life time. Hope she will not make me wait that long....