Chapter 49

Abhijeet's POV

"Amma, please listen to me.Why are you being like this?

"Now it's my fault ,Abhi!" she asked indignantly

For the past hour,I have been pleading in front of Amma, trying to handle the situation but it was just getting out of control with every passing second.

"I didn't say that" I replied while palming my face in exasperation

" You don't have to SAY it , your action speaks"

I was stunned by her taunt and before I could recover she continued,

"Of all my children, I thought you will be the one always beside me . But alas! how wrong was I? At the first adversity, you left me behind, following your wife"

Hearing Amma I could only continue staring at her in shock. I was not able to believe she is the same mother. Words just failed me. Without defending myself, I just sat there silent.

"Don't you have anything to say, Abhi" she probed

"What will he say now,Aunty?"

The last person I wanted to see entered the room to further worsen the situation.

"Priya, this is between a mother and son . So please don't interfere"

With great difficulty I was able to utter the words politely through gritted teeth.

"I beg to differ, Abhi. It would have been 3 years back but now, I too do have right to say if I feel Aunty's health is compromised because of you"

"What are you insinuating that I will put her in danger?Dont you dare go there or I will..." I was so dangerously close to exploding

She flinched at my tone but did not backdown.

"Or you will what?"

I looked back at Amma who was mum throughout our altercation even though she seemed clearly uncomfortable.

"Do whatever you want..." retorting back angrily, I left them to their devices, too hurt by Amma's silence.

I knew my each move reflected my fury but for a change I didn't care.

"Aunty, you don't worry. I am always with you even if your sons are not"

I heard Priya as I left the room which further made my blood boil.

With all the pent up anger, I entered my room, banging the door.

Three pairs of eyes looked at me in surprise as I started moving around muttering beautiful, innovative and colorful words for a certain person.

" Abhi....Abhi....ABHI..."

Ram Chettan's voice startled me out of my stupor.

"Why are you screaming?" I asked him in annoyance

"Why am I....Just look at yourself first"

When I continued gazing at them perplexed, Megha took my hand in hers and inquired,

"What happened, Jeet?What are you so vexed about?Calm down first "

Her one question brought forth my outrage over what happened few moments ago.

"Calm down....Jaan....you are asking me to calm down when that...when that....the girl who I do not want to name is hell bent on destroying my family"

"Priya?" Megha furrowed her brows in question

"Who else?" I asked vehemently

The three of them shared a look before Ram Chettan approached me.

With a firm grip, he made me sit on the bed and forwarded me a glass of water. But the water did nothing to calm my boiling blood. I was still shaking with anger when I felt  a calming hand on my back.