There were slight gasps and giggles from the students. But Emmett looked back at his sister with concern. This teacher appeared to be particularly annoying. He didn't think she would be able to contain her anger.

"Actually, you do," he said through gritted teeth.

Serafina sighed as she stood. The entire class watched with bated breath as she approached the board. They were curious if she was smart enough to answer.

She looked at the teacher, "I really don't." She said as she walked past him. She shoved Emmett's head to the side as she passed him, "If anyone asks, I went for a walk." She left the room with the teacher repeatedly calling for her to return. As she exited the school building, she could hear him on the phone with the principal to explain what happened with the unruly student.

Her wandering led her to the edge of what appeared to be a small orphanage for old people. She didn't know how else to describe it. That's what it reminded her of. As she neared, she saw a sign that some overgrown hedges had blocked. It was a retirement home. She saw some old people sitting in a decent-sized courtyard. Some had nurses or attendants assisting. Others sat playing board or card games.

She stayed in the shadows and watched two older men closely. One was short and darker, while the other was taller and fair. Both had to be in their sixties or seventies. There was something about them that caught her eye. They had been whispering to each other. From her distance, she couldn't hear. They separated, and the darker man called over a male nurse walking by to ask for assistance. He gestured over to a table where a deck of cards sat on the table.

It didn't take long for her to realize why these two had caught her eye. They were her kind of people. She crossed her arms and grinned as she watched them at work.

As the older man and nurse walked, the older man looked like he tripped and was going to fall. Considering his age, it wouldn't have been surprising, but she had seen that he moved perfectly fine before. But while the nurse was reaching over to ensure the older man's safety. The pale older gentleman from before walked just behind the nurse and picked his pocket while casually walking by. He then hustled to his darker buddies' other side and helped save him from face-planting. He and the nurse then assisted him to the card table.

They thanked him generously. Once the young man walked away, they turned to each other to congratulate each other on a job well done.

When the lighter man looked up, he saw a beautiful brunette approaching, "holy shit, Walt, I think I had a heart attack. I'm dead. This must be heaven." The pale man said to the other—a look of fear on his face.

"Are you having a stroke, Clarence? What the hell are you talking about?" the darker-skinned man asked with concern to his friend. He followed his line of sight and saw the brunette, too, "Oh shit, I think I done died with you." He groaned—obvious sadness in his voice.

Serafina laughed, "I know what you sneaky old timers were up to. Would you even get to go to heaven if you died?" she asked with a raised brow.

They shrugged in agreement, but then they looked at her suspiciously, "You a cop?" Walt asked.