Nick. What you took from me.

Start from the beginning

"You're going to send him to the moon when he sees you, I hope not so much that he forgets the song because we have a lot of people to impress."

"I feel like I'm going to throw up... I don't know what I'm going to say to him yet."

"Just watch him play, the resolution will come."

"I'm not going to get an answer from the heavens."

"We don't know. Just wait. He looks super super handsome, and he dressed himself, I swear." They both laughed. "Want me to clear your head with some other gossip?"

"Sure."

"I was part of an awkward conversation between Tao and Elle...I don't know what's wrong with them, they went into shock. They both love each other so much and they're barely talking about the weather. Very awkward. I left them alone in hopes that they would loosen up more,"

"Oh no, what if i have nothing to talk to him and i end up doing the same thing."

"Okay that didn't have the effect I was hoping for. You've never had that problem with him, don't worry."

"I've never felt this... insecure."

"Then let's hurry up. Let's go in."

"No no, let me just compose myself for a second..."

"Nick..."

"What?"

"He starts playing in 5 minutes."

That snapped him out of it. They rushed out of the car and into the center. Seeing so many people walking around the library, the cafeteria and even the exhibit hall reassured Nick, and made him think of the success he hoped this kind of event would bring her friends. The center looked special, more brightly lit, decorated and clean than usual, with plenty to see and do.

"I'm so proud of you."

"You have no idea what a journey it's been."

"I'm glad I'm here now to live it. I won't leave again, I swear."

"Nick, go to the ends of the earth if it makes you happy, just don't leave us again." They both hugged as they waved to people.

Tara had to run to organize. Nick ran into his old Rugby friends, which gave him a strange mix of liking and disliking. So many friends from the past to re-find and re-meet. Through a window overlooking the courtyard he could see Elle without Tao, clearly looking for him, and seeing here in the distance alone with a girl he didn't recognize, he decided to go out and see if she was okay.

"And Tao? I thought it was his big date... you look stunning"

"Me too... he went for drinks. I don't know...I'm so nervous, but he's acting...so weird. Like someone else, like he's trying to impress me. Remember that time...

"That he cut his hair and came with flowers to ask you out on a date, how could I forget. Is he like that again?"

"Exactly, he forgot that it didn't work out the last time and... I don't know. Maybe we got ahead of ourselves and we are no longer...i don't know... made for each other."

"I'm in knots just like you, so I'm not the best one to give advice, but I do know that patience has to be had if you want this to work. Tell him all this, he'll understand."

"I don't want to offend him."

"He won't be."

"Golden retriever." Tao came in with a beer for Elle and another for himself. He had followed his trend of only wearing black too well. With a turtleneck and big open pants. "You look great by the way. I would have brought you one but I didn't know you were here."