𝐢. 𝐍𝐚𝐮𝐭𝐢𝐜𝐚𝐥 𝐓𝐰𝐢𝐥𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭

.·:*¨༺🕷༻¨*:·.

| Star City

March 26th, 23:57

Artemis arrives at her home with a smile on her face. However, her smile slowly fades when she notices Cindy, Dick, Kaldur, and Will with frowns. She looks at the four heroes concerned. The four heroes break the news to the blonde that Conner is gone.

Just like Wally, Conner has unfortunately passed away...

.·:*¨༺🕷༻¨*:·.

| The Watchtower

April 19th, 21:17 EDT

Dick, Cindy, and Kaldur look at Conner's hologram beside Wally's in the grotto of the Watchtower.

"I still can't believe he's gone," Cindy frowns.

Dick gently squeezes her hand, closing his eyes, glancing sadly at the ground.

Kaldur sighs sullenly.

"You okay?" Dick asks the Atlantean.

"It is hard. We have done our duty. Notified Conner's friends and family, attended multiple memorial services, and the lighting of this hologram. Yet, it still does not seem real," Kaldur says with a frown.

"Maybe you need to take a moment to process," Cindy suggests, worried for her friend.

"You know, when Tula died, you never had time to mourn. Instead, you immediately went undercover with Black Manta. And when Wally died, I was a total jerk, and Cindy and I dumped the whole team on you, not thinking about your grief at all," Dick mentions.

"I understood," Kaldur tells Dick and Cindy.

"And Aquaman resigned, and you not only took up his mantle but led the Justice League through some of its darkest hours. And now Conner?" Dick says, discouraged.

"Kaldur, you've always been the leader, the adult, the rock we all lean on, but maybe you need to take a break before all this breaks you," Cindy suggests, placing a hand on the Atlantean's shoulder.

"No, I will be fine. I have to be. Thank you both for your concern, but I have a conference tomorrow in Poseidonis which I must prepare for," Kaldur speaks, walking away from the couple.

Cindy and Dick exchange nervous glances to each other as Kaldur leaves.

.·:*¨༺🕷༻¨*:·.