𝐯. 𝐑𝐞𝐬𝐜𝐮𝐞 𝐎𝐩

.·:*¨༺🕷༻¨*:·.

| Happy Harbor

August 5th, 21:04 EDT

Cindy and Dick stand behind the van, hearing Dr. Jace and Brion speak.

"Prince Brion, Halo. I've been so worried about you both. I wanted---"

"We are fine, Dr. Jace," Brion interjects.

"I owe you some answers, I know," Dr. Jace tells Brion with a frown.

"I have only one question. Is my sister, is Tara, still alive?" Brion inquires.

"I believe she is. At least, she was. I tried to protect her for as long as I could. But soon after her meta-gene was activated, your uncle took her away from me and shipped her off to... To I don't know where!" Dr. Jace exclaims, saddened.

"So she did have the meta-gene. What were her powers?" Brion wonders.

"I never saw. But since you and Baron DeLamb both have different types of geo-force, it stands to reason that as your blood-relative, Tara would have a similar power set," Dr. Jace informs Brion.

"That's what we were thinking, too," Dick states, he and Cindy revealing themselves to the others.

"A man named Jaqqar Marlo was killed this morning by a meta-human who dropped a massive rock on his head," Dick tells everyone present.

"Black Spider, an assassin from the League of Shadows, was also spotted in the area. Boulder-dropping isn't his style," Cindy adds.

"So the possibility does exist that your sister is now with the Shadows," Dick concludes.

"No," Brion says in surprise, his eyes widened in horror.

"Princess Tara would never kill! They must be using a control device upon her," Dr. Jace theorizes.

"Like they did with Plasmus and his sister," Jeff points out.

"The Princess must be rescued from these Shadows!" Dr. Jace speaks worriedly.

"Yes, we must rescue her now!" Brion declares, his hands burning, emitting smoke from them.

"Brion, I want you to literally chill. We don't know conclusively if this is Tara, or even that it was someone with a 'geo-force' power," Dick talks to Brion.

"A telekinetic could have moved that boulder," M'gann chimes in.

"Or someone with super-strength could have chucked it," Conner adds.

"Besides, we can't do anything without an actual plan," Cindy says, placing both hands on her hips.

"Do you know where the Shadows are or not?" Brion narrows his eyes at Cindy and Dick.

Dick lets out a sigh. "They're based on Infinity Island, but that doesn't guarantee Tara's with them," Dick tells Brion, displaying the island on his holographic device.