𝐱𝐢𝐢. 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐅𝐢𝐱

.·:*¨༺🕷༻¨*:·.

| Taos

April 9, 00:20 MDT

At S.T.A.R. Labs, Adam Strange, Lagoon Boy, Superboy, Silk, Nightwing, Blue Beetle, Impulse, and Robin view Miss Martian telepathically interrogating Green Beetle, who sits on a chair in front of them.

"I'm not very comfortable with this. Delving into your mind. It...it is an intrusion," M'gann says with uncertainty.

"You have my permission. We must be able to trust each other," Green says, morphing a terrifying smile on his face, causing M'gann to gasp in surprise, cringing at the sight.

"Oh, wow," Silk mutters cringing a bit as well, her and Nightwing secretly holding hands.

"Does my smile displease? Is this not how humans convey friendship and put each other at ease?" Green asks the dreadful smile still displayed on his face.

"There has to be another way," Superboy tells Nightwing.

"Look, I'm not sure what the Martian etiquette is here but Green Beetle is right. We need to trust each other which means we need to confirm he is who he says he is. Miss M. is our only real option," Nightwing responds.

Lagoon Boy walks over to M'gann, resting his hands on her shoulders as an act of comfort. "Go for it, Angelfish. Reading this guy will be a piece of crab cake," he reassures her.

"Please, proceed with the mind link," Green Beetle tells M'gann.

M'gann's eyes glow green after exhaling a shaky breath. Then, Green's eyes turn red.

After a few moments of telepathic conversation with Green Beetle, Miss Martian turns toward the Team.

"Green Beetle is on our side," the Martian confirms.

"This consumable contains the Reach's additive which combines microscopic quantities of two chemicals. One is a dopamine polymerase the other, is an adrenaline inhibitor. Taken over generations, they will slowly addict the entire population to Reach and make the people of Earth, placid. Literally, incapable of revolt," Green informs us, holding up two drinks with two flavors: strawberry-mango and peach.

"That matches up exactly with Flash and Atom's analyses of the additive sample acquired from Lex Corp," Nightwing points out.

"Ah, I see. Still, I am...tested," Green replies morosely, glancing sadly at the ground.

"Look, we're sorry, but--"

Green cuts Silk off. "No, it is wise. As they say on your world 'all cards must be off the table," Green states.

"On the table.' Uh! I-I mean, never mind. Ignore me," Blue speaks nervously.

"On the table. Yes. That does make more sense," Green responds, placing his hand on his chin.

"So here is my final card on the table. My scarab informs me the additive also contains a mitochondrial marker which works as a meta-gene tracer allowing 'The Reach' to identify and isolate potential superpowered individuals," Green starts.