𝐱𝐯. 𝐄𝐥𝐝𝐞𝐫 𝐖𝐢𝐬𝐝𝐨𝐦

.·:*¨༺🕷༻¨*:·.

| Gotham City

January 1st, 21:10 EST

"Someone should get Superman a print of that. He'll want to frame it," Miss Martian jokes at Luthor's expression when he was on the G.Gordon Godfrey show.

"A publicly annoyed Lex Luthor is a minor miracle. How was it achieved?" Wonder Woman asks.

"It began with Oracle, who sorted her way through LexCorp shell companies to find the Dublin factory," Batman answers.

"Nightwing, Silk, Aquaman, and I checked it out and discovered Lex was using it to store his weaponized SpiderBots," M'gann states.

"So, the seven of us devised a plan. Oracle posted the blurred M.O.N.Q.I. image on the Outsiders' feed. I posed as the distraught Matthew Malone," Batman tells the group.

"While I morphed into his missing daughter, Moira," the Martian points out.

"The Ivo drone and the M.O.N.Q.I.s.?" Diana wonders.

"Those were damaged bots, salvaged from Ivo's last base by Robin, who repaired, reprogrammed, and operated them via remote control," Batman responds.

"To fool the Outsiders?" Diana questions, perplexed.

"Among others," Batman says.

"But not Lex Luthor," Wonder Woman replies.

"No. Lex will know this was a setup. But knowing and proving are two different things," Batman tells the Amazonian Princess.

"Is that your excuse? Don't any of you see how truly compromising this is?" Diana speaks, frustrated.

"This is a war, Diana," Batman states.

"And which side are we on? We're not simply hiding things anymore. We have gone beyond lying to our comrades and the public. Now, we are staging false events? Creating fake news? Merely to make our opponents look bad? Or the Outsiders and by extension the rest of us look good? Even with the best of intentions, that is crossing a line. You must see that. You must," Diana tells the 'Anti-Light.'

Silk frowns behind her red, bandana mask, looking at the ground. Nightwing places an arm around her, frowning as well. The group, excluding Wonder Woman and Batman, looks and feels incredibly guilty.

.·:*¨༺🕷༻¨*:·.