𝐢. 𝐏𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐜𝐞𝐬 𝐀𝐥𝐥

.·:*¨༺🕷༻¨*:·.

| The Watchtower

July 4th, 21:16 EDT

Nightwing, Silk, and Aqualad enter the Watchtower.

"This is no time for both of you to resign," the Atlantean tells the couple.

"We're not resigning, just taking a leave of absence," Nightwing says.

"Besides, if you need help, Barbara's more than ready to step up," Silk informs Aqualad.

"Agreed. But---"

"We need a break, Kaldur," Nightwing speaks.

"Agreed," Silk voices.

"You, Silk, me, Wally. We founded this team. Without him..." Nightwing says sadly. Silk tries to comfort Nightwing by soothingly rubbing his back. The three heroes frown at the mention of their lost comrade.

Aqualad lets out a sigh. "I understand."

Then, Nightwing and Silk head off to the side of the Watchtower, awaiting the League's and Aqualad's speeches.

.·:*¨༺🕷༻¨*:·.

"This Team has had successes, but much remains to be done," Aqualad states, standing next to Batgirl and facing his team.

"Superboy, Miss Martian, Beast Boy, you're Alpha. B'arzz O'oomm has called from Mars. He needs help."

"Tigress, Kid Flash, Bumblebee, Guardian, you're Beta. LexCorp is bringing out The Reach soft drink under a new name. We need proof."

"The rest of you are Gamma and will investigate Batgirl's lead on Vandal Savage's next move," Aqualad orders.

"Business as usual," Nightwing mutters, taking Silk's hand in his. Then, the two heroes proceed to exit the Watchtower.

.·:*¨༺🕷༻¨*:·.

| Moscow

July 28th, 03:03 MSK

Nightwing and Silk take down a couple of criminals. Using his escrima sticks, Nightwing hits a man with his weapons, then kicks him to the ground, rendering the villain unconscious. Next, Silk shoots her webs at two agents, pulling her webs so the men bump into each other's heads, falling unconscious on the ground. One of the men shoots at Silk, so she swings around with her webs. While swinging, she kicks the man in the head while taking the firearm from him with her web, disarming it, and tossing the cartridge on the ground. Nightwing kicks another evildoer, sending him flying, his sword knocked out of the man's hand.

"Intel was on the money, Oracle," Nightwing states.

"Of course," she replies.