𝐢𝐱. 𝐁𝐞𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐃𝐚𝐰𝐧

.·:*¨༺🕷༻¨*:·.

| Pacific Ocean

March 30, 18:28 HAST

Silk, Impulse, and Beast Boy grunt in pain from the shocks the scientist administered to them. Silk, already injured was in incredible pain than before.

"Kaldur'ahm, this is the scientist in charge of all meta-gene research," the Ambassador introduces her to the Atlantean.

"I understand you are responsible for providing several of our test subjects. Gratitude," she tells Kaldur with a smile, to which the Atlantean simply nods.

"I assume it would interest you to know that in this lab, we are attempting to isolate the meta-gene by stimulating potentially dormant powers in average humans," the scientist informs Kaldur as he walks around, viewing the multiple meta-humans, including Lagoon Boy.

"But La'gaan already has powers. He is Atlantean. Hardly an average human," Kaldur responds.

"Ah, but his powers are based on training in sorcery. Beyond that, he is an average Atlantean, is he not?" The scientist asks Kaldur, leading him to another room.

"Now, in this lab, we study humans with active meta-genes. And how they respond to various levels of stress," the scientist explains, gesturing toward Impulse, Silk, and Beast Boy who are currently being electrocuted.

"The goal is to learn if their abilities can be extracted or duplicated," the scientist clarifies.

"I see. You seek to weaponize the meta-gene," Kaldur responds.

"You never mentioned he was clever," the scientist tells the Ambassador, impressed at the Atlantean's intellect as the two leave the room, Kaldur glances at the three heroes in pain before following the bugs.

"A pleasure meeting you, Kaldur'ahm," the scientist says, leaving Kaldur with the Ambassador.

"Blue Beetle is unaccounted for. I assume he is inside this third lab," Kaldur speaks.

"That particular laboratory does not concern you or your masters, the Light. And frankly, neither does Blue Beetle. He may be human, but he is of 'The Reach," the Ambassador informs Kaldur.

"As you say," the Atlantean replies.

"The new test subjects?" The Ambassador wonders.

"Soon to be on their way. My best operative oversees the shipment," Kaldur informs the Ambassador.

"Gratitude," the Ambassador responds.

.·:*¨༺🕷༻¨*:·.

| Star City

March 30, 21:57 PDT