"The truth, please, Ms. Jon." Xhenia could tell from Alekses' tone that she was agitated by the lie she was told, so she told the truth.

"The guy from earlier stepped on my foot, but he apologized," she said, still lying to Alekses' face.

"You're on strike two, one more lie, and that's strike three," Alekses said as she stood up. She began walking toward Xhenia, and out of habit, Xhenia stepped back, but Alekses didn't stop.

When she got to Xhenia, she picked her up and carried her to her desk. She sat her on the desk, then sat in her chair. Meanwhile, Xhenia wanted to object the entire time, but she knew Alekses would've done what she wanted anyway.

Alekses took Xhenia's heel off and began massaging her foot. "Let me know if you feel any discomfort or pain."

From the structure of Alekses' hands, Xhenia thought she was going to be rough, but she was surprisingly gentle.

"Does it hurt?"

"No."

Gradually, she worked the massage up Xhenia's calf and back down. Xhenia had never experienced a massage like this, so while Alekses massaged, she had a grip on her tongue so she would not make any noise.

"How are you feeling," she asked when she was done.

"Better."

"That's good to hear," Alekses said as she put Xhenia's shoe back on. "Alright, I'll be right back. You can continue cleaning this mess if you'd like."

Xhenia hummed, forgetting her voice. Alekses stood and trapped Xhenia between her arms and the desk. "Words, Ms. Jon," she hummed face-to-face with Xhenia. Xhenia immediately noticed the small scar above her eyebrow and the light freckles across her nose, and she blushed. Though she was on the darker side, not even her skin tone could hide her blush.

Alekses hadn't been this close to Xhenia in a while. This made Xhenia's heart race since she had begun to see Alekses in a new light. She had even begun to trust the woman, a big mistake on her part.

"Yes, ma'am."

Alekses smiled and stood up. She wrapped her arm around Xhenia's waist and pulled her off the desk. "As I said, I'll be back," then she disappeared into the room beside her office.

Now that she's gone, I can catch my breath.

Xhenia inhaled and exhaled, then got to cleaning. She was cleaning fairly quickly. When Alekses emerged from the room, she saw that Xhenia was almost done cleaning. I wasn't gone long, how did she clean so fast?

"Well, don't you work fast," she teased, startling Xhenia.

Xhenia didn't know why, but for some reason, that statement made her feel shy. It could've been the tone she used or the way leaned on the door and said it. Xhenia didn't know.

"I-it was nothing."

"Well, that nothing saved me a lot of time," Alekses chuckled. She looked down at her mouse as if she were ready to snatch her prey. That she was, but she must be patient.

"The, um, the only thing left are the ones under the ones under the desk," she mumbled, watching Alekses massage what seemed to be lotion onto her hands.

"Well, if you'd like, you can grab those," Alekses gestured toward the desk and said. Xhenia looked at the desk and back to Alekses. She was skeptical of the gesture, and Alekses could see that.

"But you said not to."

"Now, I'm permitting you to do so. Will you pass on the offer?"

"I-I'll get them," Xhenia mumbled. She took slow steps to the desk and knelt before it like she had done before.

Luckily, none went as far as they did last time, so she didn't need to crawl far for them. She grabbed the last one and was about to crawl from under, but she was pushed under as she heard a door open. Xhenia yelped and pushed against Alekses' leg.

"What are you doing," she harshly whispered, but Alekses only raised a finger, telling her to wait. Though she was scared, Xhenia sat and waited.

Ona walked into the office and looked around before her eyes landed on the desk. They lingered a while before she looked at her cousin.

"Have you seen Ms. Jon?"

"She was here earlier, but I had nothing for her to do, so she left," Alekses replied.

"Did she say where she was going," Ona pressed. "I finally have work for her, and now, she's missing." Dammit, Ona, what are you doing?

At that moment, Alekses knew Ona was up to no good. This might take a while. I don't think Whiskers will last.

Xhenia tried to listen to their conversation to distract herself, but the longer she stayed there, the faster her panic raised.

Her breathing sped up, and she could feel herself getting lightheaded. Hurry up, Alekses.

Since Alekses had a feeling this would take a while, she patted her knee, trying to grab Xhenia's attention. Xhenia flicked at Alekses, telling her she had her attention. What do you want?

Alekses curved her finger and pointed between her legs. Does she want me to sit there?

Alekses did it again, and Xhenia crawled to the spot before she could no longer focus. She sat with her face on her knees and tried to calm her breathing again, but nothing she tried was working.

She then felt Alekses fingers run through her curls before she lightly gripped her hair and pulled her head back, laying Xhenia's head on her leg. She began rubbing her hair in hopes of calming her down. It's going to be okay.

"Ona, I've already told you she's not here. What else could you possibly need?"

"It's just that, I asked Ellen if she saw Xhenia, and she said she saw her enter but not leave. However, you're saying she, in fact, entered and exited," Ona smirked.

To Ona, she thought she was helping Alekses, but what she didn't know was she was doing the opposite for Xhenia.

"Ona, she's not here. Now, could you please leave? I have important work to handle."

Though Alekses was being subtle about her hand movements, Ona noticed the slight muscle movement in her arm. Xhenia's down there, but why does Alekses look so worried?

"Fine, I'll look for her somewhere else," Ona said, then left the office.

Alekses acted fast and placed her hand under Xhenia's head, then pulled away from the desk.

"Ms. Jon," she called out as she shook her, but Xhenia was unresponsive. "Ms. Jon," she called again, but Xhenia still didn't answer.

"Dammit!"