Chapter 30

Dreaming

I woke up confused, it felt like i had only just fallen asleep.

I was in a meadow in the middle of a forest, there was a stream somewhere to my side, the sound of trickling water was soothing to my ears.

I walked through tall grass and wild flowers, there seemed to be a well worn path through the beautiful meadow.

I had never been here before. I stopped and looked around curiously.

The details were very clear. If this was a normal dream, the colours wouldn't be so vivid, the stream wouldn't be so clear, the trees not to tall.

Something was wrong.

So very, very wrong.

I kept walking and closed my eyes taking a deep, calming breath.

The air suddenly became much, much hotter and my eyes shot open.

I was in a new place, metal pipers were everywhere, making a kind of maze of sorts, steam was shooting from pipes at different positions all around and the floor was of a metal grating.

I was in an old fashioned boiler room, only it was much bigger than it should have been.

The floor was hot against my bare feet, so i decided to start walking forward to try and ease the heat on my soles of my feet.

The pipes hissed as i walked past the steaming pipes.

I walked at a casual pace trying to think of why this room was so familiar.

I heard the sound of metal grinding on metal from far in front of me, but far away.

Then it clicked.

This was from some kind of horror movie. Me, Billy and Stu had watched many of them throughout the years and halfway through i tended to just zone out.

I frown in annoyance as the sound of scraping was getting closer.

I spin around and speed walk in the opposite direction of that horrid sound.

I hear footsteps behind me and i pause to look.

Nothing.

I keep walking and hear the footsteps again.

I ignore them as i bet when i turned around there would be no one there again.

I hear a growl and footsteps and just spin around and we both freeze.

This guy obviously wasn't expecting me to turn around or just stand there.

"And you are?" I ask him glancing over his appearance.

He wore brown shoes, black almost grey(worn) pants, a red and green striped sweater and a brown hat, i believe to be called a fedora on his head.

He also had burns covering all revealed skin, including his hands and face, another noticeable feature was one of his hands was covered in a glove with knives for fingers.

I tilt my head remembering seeing a killer on one of the movies with this exact appearance.

Francis? Friege? No. Frederick...Freddy!

They called his Freddy in the creepy song they put in the movie.

"And who are you doll?" He drawled grinning.

"I asked first, although you look very much like a guy from a movie" i state still eyeing his waving sharp finger knives cautiously.

"Well what was his name if you remember?" He asked smirking cruelly.
"Freddy...Krueger" i breathe out then i remember the name "Nightmare on Elm Street" i glance up at him "but i dont live in Ohio or on Elm Street?" I question him.