Chapter 1

Past
"Vlad..." Vivian calls out while looking through each room "i will find you, and i will..." She trails off while sneakily tip toeing to a closet in one of the guest bedrooms.

She reaches for the closet door handle "TICKLE YOU!" she shouts as she pulls it open quickly and tickles her older twin brother with no mercy.

Vladimir giggles and ends up falling out of the closet on top of his sister who was also laughing.

"Vivi how did you know i was in there? i could have been in any of the rooms or even outside!" He said sighing, eyeing his sister with a hint of mischievousness, thinking she had somehow cheated.

"Vladi, you know i have good hearing" she laughs as he rolls his eyes, opening his mouth to retort "BUT, you are also a clumsy boy who decided to knock one of dads trophies off the table outside the room. You gave yourself away bro".

She sighed and patted his head, he stood up and pulled her up, smiling sheepishly "sorry sissy, i will just have to try harder next time!" With that they both laughed again.

"So what do you wanna do Vlad?" She questioned the 11 year old boy in front of her, looking around awkwardly, knowing he would want to go outside. But as it was his choice to pick what to do she would have no choice.

"Lets go to the park! We might even meet some new people!" He beamed and excitedly pulled Vivian towards the stairs.

She only sighed at his enthusiasm.

They climbed down the stairs of their new home, they had been living there for a week, with their parents who were always away somewhere. Either on business or 'pleasure' trips.

Their parents owned multiple businesses.

Vivian and Vladimir didn't really pay attention to what they were, why should they? They were 11.

As Vivian was putting her Dolly shoes on she saw a maid rush from the kitchen towards them, holding a backpack.

"Miss Vivian! Mr Vladimir! I made you both some lunches for your trip outside!" The maid, Fifi cheerfully spoke.

Vivian smiled shyly and Vladimir grabbed the backpack and slung it over his shoulder "Thanks Miss Fifi, where are they?" He asked the maid who looked nervously to the floor and started scuffing her shoe.

"Sir, Miss. Your parents left a few hours ago. I believe they mentioned about a month of peace?" She made it sound like a question.

I looked at her skeptically and then looked at my brother before speaking to her "so they went on holiday for a month? They left us money for our school stuff though. Right?" I asked her as i ran my small hand through my hair, feeling annoyed and rather stressed.

They always did this to us, ever since we could walk, but if they didn't leave us any money for our school supplies we would be in a whole lot of trouble.

And trouble equals attention. Something Vivian in particular hated.

"Y-yes Miss, they left you $500 for the month, more than enough". Vivian raised her eyebrows and glanced at her mumbling brother, he had a confused look, probably matching hers.

$500. For a month. They were planning to stay away for longer.

They could last off $50 a month for her and her brother, school supplies would cost very little also.

"Can we have $50 of it so we can get everything we need for school. We will make our way to the mall after the park". It wasn't so much a question than a demand and the maid scurried away and came back with $50 in cash and handed it to her.