Chapter 140

Mother Zhao didn't expect that he would become so sharp-tongued after only half a year out. She was afraid that he would be difficult to manage in the future, so she had some thoughts of regretting sending Lin Yu to the county town.

But after entering, he saw Lin Yu taking out more than two taels of silver, and immediately gave up the idea.

"This one tael is my salary for the past six months, and this tael is the overtime pay that Mr. Shen gave me. I will give it all to my mother." Lin Yu said and generously pushed the money to Zhao's mother.

Brother Zhao and his sister-in-law's eyes gleamed when they saw it. One brother can earn so much, why can't they? The parents were too partial and did not ask them to go to the county town.

They asked Lin Yu: "Is there still a shortage of people on his side? Please help us introduce him."

Lin Yu: "There is no shortage. Except for me, we are all relatives of the Cheng family and the Shen family. I was chosen because Mr. Shen saw that my husband-in-law and his husband-in-law are classmates, and he said that our husband-in-law is a classmate. He is a scholar and can speak in unison."

When the eldest brother and sister-in-law heard this, they resented their parents even more. Why didn't they ask him to study in the first place? Instead, he asked his younger brother to study. He completely forgot that his parents sent him to study when he was a child. He always sneaked out of the school and ran around playing with other children. After studying for two or three years, he could barely write his own name. Later, his parents didn't want to The family's money was in vain, so they stopped asking him to go and sent their youngest son to study.

Zhao's mother asked him: "What is overtime pay?"

Lin Yu opened the wooden box on the side, "The materials inside are what Mr. Shen asked me to bring back for embroidery. He is in a hurry to use them after the New Year, so he can't be careless. If he can't finish the work, he will have to pay back the one tael of silver. This one Yue, I don't know if I can finish it. I still have to cook, do laundry, and serve my parents..."

Mother Zhao held the one tael of silver in her hand, but she hadn't warmed it up yet. How could she give it back? She clenched the money tightly and said, "How can I still use you to work when your sister-in-law is here? You have been working hard in the county for half a year, how can you do it again?" Make you tired."

When the elder sister-in-law heard this, she wanted to argue with her mother-in-law, but Mother Zhao glared at her, "Our Zhao family married you to marry an ancestor? You don't do any work. Go back to your parents' family as soon as possible. Our family doesn't support idlers."

In the past, it was Zhao's mother and sister-in-law who made things difficult for Lin Yu. Now, when the sister-in-law saw Zhao's mother facing Lin Yu, she felt angry. She had to find a way to find a job, otherwise she would become the victim of the family.

"The materials in this box must be more than a dozen taels each. They cannot be stained or lost. There are many thieves in the village during the New Year. Can you help pay attention to them? If this material is stolen by thieves, Mr. Zhao will definitely take it away. The blame will be placed on us. We will report the case when the time comes and it will affect the Xianggong exam." The thief Lin Yu was talking about was Zhao's mother, and he hoped she could calm down.

Mother Zhao didn't hear it, but she just saw Lin Yu open the box, and her eyes were glued to the fabric. She thought that there was so much material, and no one would notice if she took any of it. Now she heard Lin Yu's words , and then thought of Cheng Yeran's relationship with the county magistrate, but gave up the idea. His son's official career was the most important. How could such a small amount of information compare to how much his son would earn as an official in the future?