Chapter 16

What surprised him was that Cheng Yeran actually made breakfast. Although it was just ordinary porridge and hard-boiled eggs, it was good that he could cook it for himself.

  Not to mention the experience in the Xia family in the previous life, but in the entire village, whose new daughter-in-law would not be scolded by her mother-in-law and husband for waking up so late? Not to mention waiting for her husband to cook breakfast for her. Asking her husband to cook is as non-existent as a fairy tale.

  "I forgot to tell you. Mom asked us to go home for breakfast today, but since you've already prepared it, let's go over after eating." Shen Yuntang came to the table, peeled the hard-boiled eggs and bit them. One mouthful.

  He had never thought that hard-boiled eggs could be so unpalatable. The first bite was filled with an unforgettable bitter taste. He almost spit it out. There were only two eggs left at home, and he was usually reluctant to eat them. In order not to waste it, he endured it and ate it.

  The porridge also had a mushy taste, and the only edible thing on the table was the pickles he had made before, and he could barely swallow them with the pickles.

  Shen Yuntang has been depressed since he got up. After listening to such an unpleasant song and eating an unpleasant breakfast, he suffered equal mental and physical torture.

  "Don't waste food next time." Shen Yuntang sincerely suggested.

  "What a coincidence, I think so too. The job of washing dishes is more suitable for me." Cheng Yeran looked at his unhappy look and asked him, "Wouldn't it be embarrassing to attend the wedding of my ex-fiancé?"

  Shen Yuntang didn't expect him to ask this, and he didn't know how to get back at all.

  Fortunately, Cheng Yeran didn't ask him to answer anything. Instead, he snapped his fingers and said, "Understood. My mission today is to accompany you to show your affection and give you face."

Chapter 19

  "Love? What nonsense are you talking about!" Shen Yuntang immediately took half a step back and distanced himself from him.

  Cheng Yeran covered his chest and pretended to be hurt: "Are you serious about taking half a step back?"

  "Stop talking and leave quickly." Shen Yuntang walked forward quickly, his ears turning red again.

  ...

  The Xia family is a wealthy family in the village, and Xia Xiaowu is a scholar. It is said that he will take the exam to become a high official in the future. Many people in the village are fawning over their family.

  Previously, Shen Yuntang married a lazy man. Many people in the village were gloating about his misfortune and wanted to take advantage of this opportunity to marry their daughter or brother to the Xia family. In the end, Xia Xiaowu chose Shen Yuntang's cousin. For this reason, many people still He was aggrieved, thinking that Shen Yunfeng was not worthy of Xia Xiaowu at all, and often spoke ill of Shen Yunfeng behind his back.

  Shen Yunfeng felt suffocated after hearing it too much, thinking that these people would envy him in the future.

  Especially on the wedding day, he prepared an embroidered wedding dress for himself.

  Generally speaking, it would be nice for a man from the village to wear a red dress when he gets married. Not only did he buy good materials, but he also showed off flowers and dressed up like a man from the city getting married.