Chapter 88

Cheng Yeran does not live on campus and eats one lunch a day, while students who live on campus can eat three meals.

  Cheng Yeran went out early in the morning, carrying the red bean buns that Shen Yuntang had brought for him.

  The red bean buns were still hot when he arrived at the dining hall. He searched around the door and saw a classmate next to Yang Shiming waving to him, so he walked over quickly.

  "Why did you come so early today? The cafeteria doesn't provide you with breakfast." The classmate who spoke was named Zhao Yanlin, who often appeared next to Yang Shiming.

  Cheng Yeran had observed before that although Yang Shiming was always surrounded by many classmates, Zhao Yanlin was the only one who was better with him. Not only were they in the same class, they also often went in and out together.

  It was the same at breakfast today. It was just the two of them sitting together, while everyone else sat at another table, chatting and laughing.

  Because the presence of Yang Shiming would make the atmosphere at the table become serious, not like eating, but like an academic seminar, those people were not willing to sit with him.

  Cheng Yeran didn't mind this and ate with Yang Shiming and Zhao Yanlin at noon every day.

  He took out a paper bag from his arms, and when he opened it, there were steaming white and plump red bean buns.

  "My husband made this, and he asked me to bring it to everyone to try." Shen Yuntang said and asked everyone to come and get it.

  The classmates at the other table came over excitedly and took one, "I envy you. You can see your husband every day when you come to study. But I can't. My home is far away and I can only go back twice a year."

  "I have no parents at home, and my husband is beautiful. I left him alone in the countryside for fear that he would be in danger. He is a very kind man, and his cooking is delicious. With him at home, I can study with peace of mind." Cheng Ye However, he would not give up any opportunity to show off his husband. If this place was not in ancient times, he would have wanted to show Shen Yuntang's photos to everyone.

  "I know your husband is well, but don't be greedy for us. Let's go to morning reading first. You can eat slowly." People at the other table got up and left after eating the red bean buns.

  "My husband talks a lot of nonsense and is ignorant. He talks in my ears every day. If I bring him here, I won't be able to study." Zhao Yanlin took a bite of the red bean bun, "But the bean paste buns he makes are also delicious. If he is here too, I will ask him to make some for you."

  Cheng Yeran could hear the dislike for his husband in his tone. If he liked someone, he would not dislike him, let alone say it mercilessly in front of outsiders, "Since you don't like him, why do you want to talk to him?" Will he delay each other by getting married?"

  "Where is my turn in getting married? When I reached the age of marriage, my parents found a match for me in the village. It was only after I got married that I learned about his temperament." Zhao Yanlin asked him, "The husband you married is yourself. Did you find them? Oh, by the way, your parents left early, who helped organize your marriage?"

  "We are a match sent by God." Cheng Yeran originally wanted to show off his love for Shen Yuntang, but since Zhao Yanlin took the initiative to ask, he couldn't help but speak up.

  He said that the two of them were knocked into the water by a mad dog and later got married. Originally, he was not worthy of Shen Yuntang, so after they got married, he wanted to be doubly nice to Shen Yuntang. It was also because of Shen Yun that he took the imperial examination. Tang's previous fiancé was studying, and he couldn't let Shen Yuntang get worse as he married.