Chapter 50

If the rain continues at this rate, will there be floods?

  It didn't matter if the houses were washed away, since he wanted to knock them all down and rebuild them anyway, but what about the wheat in the fields? What should I do if the vegetables in the yard and the chickens and ducks raised at home are washed away by water?

  Those were all planted by him and Shen Yuntang after he traveled through time. After putting in so much effort and sweat, he would die of pain if he didn't get a harvest!

  He didn't care too much, so he ran out, picked up all the vegetables in the yard and carried them into the house. Originally, he wanted to carry them into the kitchen. It was warmer with the stove burning, but the roof of the kitchen There was a leak, and the water on the ground had spread into the kitchen.

  The room they lived in was on a higher ground than the kitchen, and the foundation was also higher, so water did not enter.

  He took one look, rushed into the house with the vegetables, and went to catch the chickens and ducks at home.

  He suspected that there were frequent floods in the village, otherwise the house would not be built higher than the stove house and woodshed.

  When he went to the chicken pen, it was flooded. He was quite agile and drove the chickens and ducks into the house.

  Shen Yuntang had a severe headache. In a daze, he felt as if a chicken was standing on his head and scratching his scalp. He thought he was hallucinating from the pain. When he opened his eyes, he actually saw a small white bird. The rooster was standing on his head and grabbing his hair.

  He remembered that this chicken was a chick hatched from that egg. It had lost its yellow down and had just grown white feathers.

  This chick has always been raised by Cheng Yeran as a precious child. He often takes it out to touch and cuddle. He even named the chick Cheng Xiaobao.

  "Why did you bring Cheng Xiaobao into the house?" Shen Yuntang wanted to catch the chicken on his head, but was caught. He quickly retracted his hand and saw Cheng Yeran hurriedly maintaining the house. order.

  "Why are all the chickens and ducks in the house? Am I dazzled?" Shen Yuntang rubbed his eyes, thinking that he might be hallucinating.

  "It's raining too much outside, and I'm afraid they'll drown." Cheng Yeran saw the chicken on his head and hurried over to catch Cheng Xiaobao and put it on the ground.

  "Children should not make noise when the adults are sleeping." He first taught Cheng Xiaobao a few words, and then said to Shen Yuntang: "If it doesn't stop raining for a while, we all have to go to the roof. If that doesn't work, we still have to go up the mountain. Have there been floods here?"

  Shen Yuntang was a few beats too slow to respond, "It happened once five or six years ago, and all the crops were destroyed."

  Cheng Yeran counted the time, "It's almost time to harvest the wheat. If it's all gone, wouldn't we be white? Why are you still so calm?"

  Cheng Yeran felt that Shen Yuntang's current reaction was strange. He felt that Shen Yuntang was the kind of person who would care about the crops even if he was burned out.

  "There won't be any flooding this year. There will be some hail." Shen Yuntang was so sleepy that it was difficult to open his eyes, let alone think. He accidentally told what happened in his previous life.

  He remembered that it hailed on this day in his previous life, but he forgot the specific day. In his previous life, after he married Xia Xiaowu, although he did not have to work in the fields, he had to cook for a dozen people in the family and wash clothes for a dozen people. He cleaned the yard, took care of the vegetable garden and fed the livestock. On the day of the hail, he was still doing laundry at home. After it rained, he hid in the house and was scolded by his mother-in-law, saying that such a little rain was still worth it. He hid in the house and drove him outside to continue washing clothes.