35.

Chapter 35

Taehyung didn't know what to say while looking at Jungkook. Did he get caught?

Did Jungkook hear the conversation just now?

“J…Jungkook, I…I can exp…”

But Jungkook simply closed his eyes and snores came out of his mouth. Taehyung felt relieved, remembering that Jungkook was drunk.

He surely didn't hear anything, right?

Taehyung sighed and lay down on the bed once again to go back to sleep.

“Morning” V uttered while walking out of the bedroom and saw Jungkook, yawning in the kitchen.

“Good Morning” Jungkook sleepily smiled at him with his messy bed hair.

“I…I just wanted to ask you something.” V said, biting his bottom lip because of his nervousness.

“Yes, what is it?” Jungkook responded while preparing to cook for their breakfast.

“Did you remember something last night? I mean, for example, you heard something?” V just wanted to check if Jungkook didn't find something last night or if he was acting.

“Huh? What do you mean by that? Did I do something to you?” Jungkook replied with confusion written on his face while looking at V.

Maybe, Jungkook literally fell asleep last night and didn't hear anything. What a relief.

“I see…” V sighed in relief.

“Why did you ask? I didn't assault you, right? I'm sorry if I did something wrong, I am drunk, and I can't remember what happened when I came here. I'm so sorry.” Jungkook apologized, thinking that he might hurt Taehyung.

“No, it's nothing, don't worry about it, everything is fine. You can continue cooking.” V just smiled and went back to his room to take a bath without worrying about last night.

A smirk is suddenly seen in Jungkook's face while cutting a cabbage. He started to whistle, looking pleased in the morning.

“I'm going to drive the kids to their school, are you going with us?” Jungkook asked once their routine was done.

“No, I have to go somewhere else.” V responded after he was finished with the dishes.

“Where? I don't mind driving you there.” Jungkook said.

“It's okay, I can just take a cab, you should drive the kids instead. Besides, you're going to your work, I don't want to bother you anymore.” V didn't bother to look at Jungkook's eyes, knowing Jungkook could tell through his eyes if he was lying.

Yet, he could feel Jungkook was looking at him, maybe, getting suspicious of his actions right now. But he still didn't want to tell him anything.

“Okay, we're going now, see you later.” He felt a kiss on his temple before Jungkook left the flat.

He was repentant for lying, but he knew someday that Jungkook would understand him. He texted Hesun, telling him that he would go to Hesun's place right after Jungkook left.

Taehyung went out of the flat after hearing Jungkook's car engine drove away. He looked around to make sure that no one was following him before he went in the opposite direction of Jungkook's car.

“Follow him”

That was ordered to someone through the phone to follow a certain person.