40.

Chapter 40

Shin, with her luggage, ran off to her house after seeing the black van parked in front of her house, thinking that it was her getaway vehicle.

“Move faster!” She told to the person who was putting her luggage in the back of the van and went inside.

She's nervous, but she minds it less because she will do everything to get out of Jungkook's life now.

“Did you prepare everything I need? I don't want to have any problems once my flight starts.” Shin inquired about her driver because she told him to fix everything for her escape to this country.

“Yes, Ma'am, everything is ready for your way to hell.” The driver eerily responded.

“What did you just say?” Shin asked, gritting her teeth.

“Ma'am, I'm your driver to send you to the hell. Didn't you know that?” The driver smiled innocently, looking in the rearview mirror.

“The fuck are you talking about? I'm going to California, not to hell! I am not joking with you!” Shin shouted, annoyed with the driver's smile.

“Hmm, is that so? If that's what you say, I guess.” The driver grinned.

Shin can't hide the fact she is anxious about the presence in the van. For some reason, there's something was odd with the driver in front of her.

Suddenly, they stopped in the darkness, the surrounding area seemed to be in ruins. This caught off her guard, she was seriously sure that the driver was some insane person.

“Why did we stop here? What are you planning to do?” Shin tried to hide her panic tone, but it was just obvious because of her shaky tone.

“Like I told you, we're going to hell.” The driver chuckled.

“Fuck you!” Shin punched the driver's face and immediately ran away from the van.

She thought she could run away but oddly the place surrounding her became more eerily compared to before, as if there's a war just happened because of the ruins building anywhere. But she felt a shiver when she heard someone whistling. She kept running while trying to get her phone, but out of nowhere, she heard a gunshot and her phone flew away. It caused her to panic and fall to the ground.

When she looked at her body, she saw multiple red dots pointed to her body. She slowly looked in front of her and noticed those red lights, but couldn't properly tell how many people were surrounding her.

“Now, now, now, are you willing to give up, or we'll shoot you to death? You can freely decide what you want, Ma'am, after all, that would be your last chance.”

She got stiffened when she felt a person's presence behind her and something was pointed at the back of her head.

“W…what do you want? I…I can give you anything you want, don't kill me.” Shin shakily said.

“We don't need anything, but, I'm sure, you do need to listen to us. Because if you don't, we are ordered to kill you. But because I'm kind, I won't do that yet.” That was the driver said with a chuckle.

Shin fisted her hands and swallowed her hopes, knowing she wouldn't be able to do anything in her current situation.