33.

Chapter 33

V arrived back at his flat, it was already 8 in the evening because he happened to check something after he left Hesun's cabin. When he went inside, he noticed that it was silent for some reason.

He checked the kids' room to see if they were there, but he saw no one. He went to his room and there they were with Jungkook, sleeping. Taewoo was snuggling himself into Jungkook while Jungsoo was behind him.

A smile carved on his face while looking at his family. Everything looks so peaceful right now and he loves it. He wished that he could experience to have a peaceful life with them, he wonders how it would feel, a life without Mirae and Shin.

He sighed and went near them, he softly pecked Jungsoo and Taewoo's forehead while he kissed Jungkook on the cheek. He goes inside the bathroom to change into comfortable clothes, so he can sleep too.

“Why did you come back home late?”

He heard Jungkook ask him with a raspy voice when he went out of the bathroom.

“I'm sorry, I ran an important errand. Sorry for waking you up.” He looked at Jungkook, who seemed to be sleepy.

“It's alright, I'm just worried because you didn't answer my texts and calls.” Jungkook uttered with a yawn.

“My phone is off, I thought no one would call me. Next time, I'll keep it on.” V giggled and put the towel in the basket.

“Come here” Jungkook patted the side of the bed beside him.

V lay down beside Jungkook and snuggled his face on Jungkook's neck. Now, Jungkook's back was facing Taewoo.

“Why did you call me, Ma'am?” Ferd inquired, one of Mirae's men, when he arrived inside her office.

“I told you to remove all the videos about me, didn't I?!” Mirae grumbled.

“I did, Ma'am, unfortunately, it appears that someone powerful kept on spreading that video.” Ferd retorted.

“What? Who's that person?!” Mirae asked.

“We can't track that person's identity, Ma'am. But, we are trying to find that person. However, it seemed that it will be difficult because we've been trying to do that but to no avail.” Ferd stated.

“That's bullshit! I am Jeon Mirae! There's no way someone was more powerful than me!” Mirae shouted.

“We are trying to resolve the situation now, Ma'am. But I will tell you that we might never find out who's behind this.” Ferd told her.

“Don't give me that bullshit! Do everything you can do to find the culprit! I won't let this slide, if you don't find anyone, I will kill you, do you understand?!” Mirae shouted and glared at him.

“I…I understand, Ma'am.” Ferd stuttered.

“Leave now, I don't want to see your ugly face here!” Mirae gritted her teeth.

Ferd bowed his head and left the office. He took his phone and went inside the elevator to call someone.

Sir, I did what you told me.” Ferd uttered.

“Job well done.”

“Are you sure I'll be safe? She threatened me.” Ferd asked.

“Don't worry, I have everything prepared for you. I can assure you of your safety. Actually, you can even leave now.”

“Thank you, Sir, thank you so much.” Ferd thanked him.

Ferd ended the call when the elevator opened and left. Now, he can leave the country to make sure that he will be safe after betraying Mirae for 'him'.