46.

Chapter 46

Taehyung can't believe it, seeing plenty of evidence against Mirae. The news even takes coverage of her case to follow up because it's gotten massive in the eyes of the public.

He didn't expect that Hesun would get A LOT of files and documentation of Mirae's past and current crimes.

"Why did you call?" he heard Hesun say after he contacted him.

"How did you get that evidence? I thought you just got enough of them. You even have videos and pictures of her killing and ordering someone." Taehyung was just curious how Hesun was able to get those because Mirae was cautious about them.

"Ah, it just happened that I could access their system. She's been saving videos of her torturing and killing someone who's in her way. I think she enjoyed watching them or, maybe, she used that footage to threaten someone as well. That sounds weird, but I kind of expect that from her." Hesun kinda lied about that.

It was Jungkook who provided him with access to Mirae's site, but Jungkook told him not to say anything to Taehyung and continued his act.

"Why did you ask?" Hesun inquired.

"Nothing, I was just amazed at how you did that. I've been trying to do that as well, but I can't access them. It felt like as if you had a connection inside the company." Taehyung responded, knowing first-hand how hard it was for him to hack the system.

"I see... Well, I'm pretty sure you shouldn't mind whatever I'm doing, after all, it's helping you to take down Mirae, right?" Hesun uttered.

"Yeah...right," Taehyung flinched when the door of his room opened and saw Jungkook come.

He immediately turned off his phone and swallowed hard, anxiously looking at Jungkook.

How long was he there? Why didn't he even feel his presence? Did Jungkook hear their conversation?

Those were the questions in his brain right now.

"Are you okay? Did I interrupt you or something?" Jungkook asked him.

"N...no, I was just surprised that I didn't hear you coming." V said, clearing his throat and standing up from his bed.

"Really? I thought my footsteps were loud. I guess you were just focused on your calls, that's why you didn't notice at all." Jungkook replied, unbuttoning his white button-up to change clothes.

"Uh, by the way, it seemed like you were busy these days. You kept coming home late. Was it because of your mother?" V changed the topic.

"Hm? No, I was just busy with something else. How about you? Why did you mention Mirae out of nowhere? Did she do something to you?'" Jungkook said while wearing a gray shirt.

"Nothing, I just wanted to ask you that." V smiled a bit.

He understood that Jungkook wasn't concerned about his mother after what she had done to him. But he's acting as if it won't affect him, or something. Is he that mad at his mother to the point that he doesn't care whatever happens to her?

"I'll go take the kids to buy some snacks for them. Do you want something?" Jungkook asked.

"No, I'm fine, thank you," V replied.

"Okay, wait for us then." Jungkook pecked V's forehead and turned around.

A smirk formed on his lips and put his hands in his pocket. He whistled while going out of the room, which made Taehyung feel chilled for some reason as if something were off.