9.

Chapter 9

Jungkook hurriedly drove to Jungsoo's school after he received a call from someone that his son was sleeping on the bench, in front of the school. He couldn't believe it after he heard that, he wasn't sure why Jungsoo fell asleep.

He got out of his car and looked around for his son. When he arrived there, he saw Jungsoo sitting on the bench, looking at the ground.

“Jungsoo” He called his son's name.

He felt a pang in his heart seeing Jungsoo's eyes filled with tears.

“What's wrong? What happened to you?” Jungkook asked worriedly and stood up in front of Jungsoo.

“I've dreamed of Appa” Jungsoo uttered with a shaky tone.

“Really? What is it then?” He inquired, feeling bad for his son's situation.

He loses his Appa at such a young age, and he was sure it hurt Jungsoo because even though he got brainwashed by his grandmother that he should hate his Appa, his heart and actions were different. They can't brainwash him because Jungsoo really loves his Appa.

“It's a beautiful one, I've seen Appa in my dreams. Yet, he looks so different, he got blonde hair instead of black. He was comforting me because Ms. Shin hurt me again. And he looks like an angel, Dad, a pretty angel.” Jungsoo smiled.

“I'm sorry, Dad wasn't able to protect you from her. Don't worry, Dad will do anything to get rid of her from our lives, okay?”

Jungkook was aware that Shin was hurting his son. But since she did them when Jungsoo was out of his sight, he wasn't able to protect his son.

“It's okay, Dad, at least I saw Appa's face.” Jungsoo's smile was genuine, even though his tears were falling from his eyes.

“Let's go home now.” Jungkook uttered and Jungsoo nodded his head.

He went ahead first and Jungkook let out his tears while watching his son.

“Appa, are you crying again? Why?” Taewoo asked his Appa, seeing him crying in his room.

“Huh? Uh, it's nothing, just saw something on my way back here.” V smiled forcefully and wiped off his tears.

Taewoo hopped on the bed and crawled in front of V. His small hands were trying to wipe the tears from his father's eyes.

“Appa, don't worry, everything will be alright, okay? Please, don't cry anymore.” Taewoo comforted his father.

V felt cheered up a bit and hugged his son. He was crying after seeing Jungsoo's condition. He grew up, but not so well as he expected. Jungsoo looks so pale and thin compared to before. He also looks gloomy and stressed, as if he would break like a fragile glass.

What happened after his disappearance?

Why is that woman hurting his son?

Where's Jungkook? What happened to him?

Does he know how Shin treated Jungsoo?

He thought if he disappeared from their sight will be up for good. But why does everything look so wrong?

He was able to survive what Hesun did to him because of a miracle, and he thought if he faked his death will help him escape from his misery just for a moment. But why does it feel like it was Jungsoo's turn to suffer?