41.

Warning: A sensitive topic, including killing.

Chapter 41

Engulfed with darkness, Shin can't process anything in her brain. It took her half a minute to realize that she'd been unconscious earlier and was now tied up somewhere she didn't recognize. She is trying to find some clues about her whereabouts, but she suddenly hears heavy footsteps coming.

Her heartbeat went fast when the person's silhouette from darkness came out. Shin's eyes went wide seeing who it was.

“You!” Shin gritted, seeing it was Minhyuk, the person who was about to spy on Jungkook.

“I'm glad you remember me, Ma'am.” Minhyuk smiled innocently.

“Who ordered you to do this? Tell me how much that person you and I will double in… No, just name your price and I will give it as fast as possible.” Shin tried to make a bargain with him.

“Ma'am, it seems you don't understand what situation you are in right now. I don't think you should be making a deal with me.” Minhyuk said with a creepy smile still on his face and wore black gloves.

“Fine, tell me who's your boss. You're not the mastermind behind this, aren't you? I'm sure someone is telling you to do this. Is that person threatening you? I can promise you that he won't bother you anymore once I get free from here!” Shin was desperately trying to do anything just to escape.

“But you know who's behind this, Ma'am. Don't be so naive, I'm sure you know him very well.” Minhyuk grinned while fixing the pistol he was surely going to use.

“It's Jungkook, right? I can incapacitate him, I did it before, and I can do it once again.” Shin forced her smile, trying to hide the fact that she was scared, seeing now Minhyuk filling the pistol with bullets.

“Really? Good for you, then.” Minhyuk closed the barrel and looked at Shin. “Because you won't be able to do that again, anymore.”

“No, no! Please — don't kill me, spare my life. I will do anything, let me escape this time. Tell Jungkook that I won't bother him anymore, I won't come back to his life if needed. I apologize for everything, plea—”

Bang

Her sentence stopped once Minhyuk pulled the trigger. The bullet shot through between her eyebrows where Minhyuk aimed to. Blood drips out from her wound, and slowly goes down to her face with her eyes wide open. Then, he shot the rope around her wrist, just watching her body fall to the ground with a loud thud.

He went near her, squatting down, and tugged her hair to check if she was really dead. He let go of her hair and removed the black gloves to contact his boss.

“She's dead, Sir.” Minhyuk told Jungkook after confirming her death.

“Good, clean up the mess now.” Jungkook responded without any hint of mercy or guilt in his tone.

“Will do, Sir.” Minhyuk replied and ended the call.

Jungkook didn't kill her personally because he had something important to do. He's not done yet with his plan, he had to get rid of someone else. And that person is none other than Mirae.