42.

Chapter 42

“What the fuck is this?!” Mirae shouted after seeing her current issues and scandal about her gambling and more illegal actions related to her company as well.

It was posted all over social media, which became more uncontrollable to stop because it spread out of nowhere.

“We didn't know who started it, Ma'am. The person who originally posted it was just anonymous and after trying to track its location through an IP address, we failed to find anything about that person.” 

“That's a bullshit! How did that person found those files and receipts?” Mirae grumbled.

“We don't have any information related to that. We—”

“Useless bastard!” Mirae yelled, thrashing her stuff on her desk in her office.

Her blood is boiling in anger, she doesn't know where everything started to fall apart. How does that even happen?

She was sure she hid everything and got rid of them.

Detectives also added to her stress because they wanted to investigate her connection to some serious heinous crimes.

“Where's Shin right now? I haven't heard anything from her since yesterday.” Mirae asked, trying to think of something to calm her down because she knew she might find some solution later on, and she would make sure to find the person behind this scheme.

“There's no current update about her, Ma'am. I tried to check for her, but she's not responding at all. If I'm not mistaken, she asked me to tell you to clean everything in her mess once she left, but she hasn't updated anything yet.”

“What? Is she trying to escape?” Mirae was kind of shocked to hear that.

“Yes, Ma'am, she got caught by Jungkook after she tried to kidnap his son, and leaving the country was her only plan because she knew she messed up.”

Mirae fisted her hand, if Jungkook caught her, there was no way he would let her go easily. There's a possibility that Jungkook did something to Shin and now, he's trying to ruin her next. Maybe, Jungkook was behind all of this scheme happening to her.

“Did you see what's happening now?” Hesun asked Taehyung through the phone.

“Yes, you did a good job.” Taehyung responded while scrolling down on his laptop to check the updates.

He told Hesun to make a post about Mirae to ruin her. They got enough evidence to prove her wrongdoings, and it seemed everything was going well because it also got in the morning news.

“You know that this might affect him as well, right? After all, most of his money came from his parent's company. It will also be his loss once this plan succeeds.” Hesun stated.

“I know that, but this is the only way I can think of to be able to ruin her reputation. I'm not Jungkook, I can't just randomly show up in front of her and kill her, I will get caught immediately.” Taehyung sighed.

“Well, you got a point. Anyway, I have to go now, my delivery already arrived. Just tell me what to do next, and I'll do it right away, make sure to do what you promised to me.”  Hesun ended the call and went to the door to get his food delivery.

He wore a mask to pretend he was sick so no one would recognize him. Hesun opened the door, but he was frozen after seeing the person in front of him.