36. The End of the world

"Y/N! come down from that tree and lay down with me!" Bill called up to you, hugging the trunk of the tall Tree and looking up at you above, balancing precariously on the branch of the sturdy tree as you reached out to the skinny Papaya tree acros...

"Y/N! come down from that tree and lay down with me!" Bill called up to you, hugging the trunk of the tall Tree and looking up at you above, balancing precariously on the branch of the sturdy tree as you reached out to the skinny Papaya tree across from you, trying to reach the Ripe fruits at the top of the unclimbable Papaya tree. "Just a moment," You yelled over your shoulder, gently wedging a Ripe Papaya fruit from its bunch, inspecting it to make sure it was perfect before placing it in the basket balanced on your lap. "Okay, don't forget about me" He joked, pulling out a long shawl from the basket of things at his feet and laying it down on the grass as a blanket, sprawling himself onto it as he relaxed. You filled your basket, dropping it to the grass with a loud thump which startled Bill, causing him to jolt awake from his Nap that had been very, very short. 

You leapt down from the Tree, landing on the grass with swift precision. You bent down to pick up your basket, sitting on your knees on the Blanket Bill lay sprawled across, his eyes trained on you as you placed all the fresh fruit from both your harvests into one basket, brushing your hair behind your ear. "Y/N come cuddle," Bill whined, rolling towards you and laying his head in your lap. "Bill, Pa asked us to harvest fruit, not cuddle!" You pointed out, your hand cupping his cheek, rubbing soft circles with your thumb. Bill didn't even try to hide the disappointment on his face. "Please Y/N, just for a little bit!" He pleaded, a hopeful glint in his eyes. You bit your lip for a moment, considering. Pa was expecting you home soon, but you had finished harvesting anyway, and you could do whatever you wanted for a little while before heading home. 

You put the basket aside, laying down beside Bill who grinned satisfactorily, pulling you into his arms. He pressed soft kisses to your neck, drawing shapes on your stomach. "Let's sneak out to the Moon pool tonight," He whispered, his lips brushing against your skin giving you goosebumps.

.ೃ࿐

The world around you was peaceful and quiet, the only sounds being the soothing trickle of the waterfall into the Moon pool and the noises of the Jungle, The water cool on your skin. "I love you," You whispered, your head resting in the crook of Bill's neck as you pressed tender kisses to his skin, trailing down to his shoulder. "I love you" He murmured into your hair, combing his fingers through it as he held you close. You lifted your head up, Bill's hands travelling up your body to cup your face as he sunk his lips onto yours, one teasing hand slipping between your legs, rubbing slow circles on your inner thigh. 

As soon as the two of you got out of the water, You were sweeped off your feet and into Bill's arms, the Boy trailing kisses down your neck as you giggled, your arms wrapping around his neck. 

All of a sudden, a loud ground shaking explosion sounded, the Jungle shaking around you. Fear and Panic struck you, flashbacks to the Tsunami flooding your mind. "What was that?" You whispered, looking up at Bill with Fear-struck eyes. "I don't know...We need to get home quickly" Bill urged, setting you down on the ground as he quickly hurried across the rocks, grabbing all your clothes. You dressed yourself quickly with shaky hands, only able to think about what the explosion could have possibly been, fear overwhelming your senses. "Come on, hurry" Bill held your hand tightly, the two of you taking off running into the Jungle. 

The Noises of the Jungle grew louder, all the creatures screeching in warning. Something bad was happening. Bill dragged you after him, pushing through all the bushes and dodging the trees as you both ran as fast as you could, making the familiar journey back to the home. A series of much smaller explosions followed, the thundering noises frightening you. It was definitely no thunderstorm, unlike anything you had ever heard. 

"Bill! Y/N! where were you both? we were so worried!" Your Pa yelled as he stepped through the Ravenala plants, ushering you both inside. "I was just about to go out looking for you!" Gustav, Tom and Georg stood on the Balcony, peering out into the distance. They all looked just as confused and panicked as you. You and Bill scrambled up the Ladder followed closely by Pa, joining the boys at the railing. You stared out into the distance, trying to see what was going on. The Sky past the Mountain glowed an eerie red, the night sky covered by a humongous cloud of thick smoke. "Pa! I'm scared, what's happening?" You grabbed his arm, his gaze softening as he saw how afraid you were. "Everything's going to be alright, My little starfish. No harm will come to us or our island-" he tried his best to reassure you, only to be cut off by another explosion. "What's going on! it's like the world is ending!" Tom yelled over the thundering explosions, holding Bill's arm for comfort. 

"Well I- I- have a theory," Your Pa stammered, taking a deep breath. "You know the island far north of us? the largest in the entire Lagoon? Well, it is home to a dormant Volcano-"

"Which obviously isn't dormant anymore! what are we going to do?" Tom yelled frantically, visibly freaking out. Bill, Georg, Tom and you looked to your Pa expectantly, waiting for an answer or some form of reassurance. He let out a shaky exhale, trying to keep calm as the explosions continued. "The Volcano will project an ash cloud and toxic gas into the atmosphere, which will reach us, but there shall be no Lava or flying debris, don't you worry-" But the five of you all held onto each other in fear, all of you panicking and worrying all the more. "We need to head south, as far away as we can possibly go from the north- we leave now." Your Pa decided, pushing the five of you towards the ladder. You all scrambled down the ladder without being told twice, running across the Garden, your Pa leading the way. 

You reached the wall of Ravenala plants, looking back to glance at your home, worried you would never see it again. "Come on Y/N, Quick!" Bill yelled, taking your hand and dragging you into the Jungle, the thundering explosions in the far distance growing more frequent, a menacing cloud of ash looming over your island, going unnoticed due to the dark of the night.