04. A Warm Welcome

(Rewritten: 27

(Rewritten: 27.12.23)

Bill greedily eyed the delicious spread of food in front of him, his stomach already roaring at the thought of eating something other than fruit. Fresh seafood spread out over ravenala leaves, decorated with dinky little flowers. Bright red lobster and smoked fish cooked over the fire, sliced fruits and vegetables in creative little clamshell bowls. Y/N and Pa were very creative, despite not having much on the island, they managed to create all sorts of things.

Tom fiddled with his spoon and peered at it curiously, it was a genius little invention fashioned with a stick and a shell, held together with strong twine. He smiled gratefully at Y/N as she handed him a clamshell bowl of soup, still warm from the fire. "You four boys must have been terribly hungry!" Pa chuckled heartily, watching as the four teenagers shovelled spoonful after spoonful of the salty and flavorful seafood soup into their mouths. All four of them paused their hurried eating for a moment, glancing at each other and nodding in unison.

"You four seem to be enjoying the soup!" Pa remarked, amused as he watched the four boys fight over who would get the next serving of soup, all nudging and shoving each other out of the way as they held their bowls out to Y/N with outstretched arms. Bill watched the girl as she walked over to the fire. She moved so smoothly, not making a sound as she treaded lightly over the creaky bamboo floors. She knelt down to the ground swiftly, pouring a rather generous serving of seafood soup into the largest clamshell there was, and she brought it straight over to him.

She knelt down to Bill's level, her soft hands brushing against his as she handed him the bowl of steaming soup. His eyes met hers as his lips stretched into a smile, murmuring a thanks to the girl as she arose from the ground. She sat down across from Bill, his eyes watching her every move as the others engaged in conversation. He smiled and nodded at the others as they chattered and laughed, but he couldn't draw his attention away from the beautiful girl sitting in front of him.

"Now, tell me boys, what brings you to our island home?" Pa leaned forward, resting his chin on his hand as he surveyed the now well fed teenage boys.

Georg cleared his throat as he set down his spoon, turning to the man in front of him. "It's a bit of a crazy story actually," he paused for a moment, as if searching for the right words. "We were on this Party yacht, celebrating the success of our first show on tour, and we had drunk a lot"

Tom butted in, grinning widely as if he found the story amusing. "And I got this amazing genius idea to like get tugged back to port by the boat in a inflatable pool, which in my opinion was really smart, except we forgot one small detail and didn't tie it to the boat"

"We were drifting for days, but then we washed up here" Gustav concluded, his mouth full of perfectly seasoned fish doused in lemon juice.

Pa seemed stunned for a moment, blinking as he pressed his lips together, struggling to think of what to say next. But then, he tilted his head back and roared with laughter, clapping his hands together. The four boys glanced at each other, laughing awkwardly. "Oh you silly boys! I can't believe it!"