Chapter 31 | I am angry at you.

Kaboentle.

I look at Siya and I look at his mother again.
Siyas is quiet and his mother is growing angry by the minute.

"I thought that you'd do better Ipeleng. I taught you better."
She scolds as she pinches her fingers and she waves them all over in mannerisms of frustration.

"Mah... this isn't as easy as you think it is."

"I warned you Ipeleng I warned you and what did you say ?"
She points at him and he looks away from her as he rubs his forehead a little. I can see the frustration, milking from his pores.

"I had every intention of telling her mah."

"Every intention se voet."
She says before she starts to walk into the house. She turns back and she comes to stand before him.

"You fix this mess."
She instructs before she walks straight towards the direction of Siyas whisky bar while we've both grown quiet.

I am dumb founded and I haven't the slightest idea of what's happening right now.
My body is aching and I don't understand what' is happening to me, the painkillers haven't kicked in yet.

I take of my shoes and I walk up the stairs towards our bedroom with him following closely behind me.
When I get to our room I start to strip my clothes off and I look for something comfortable to wear and I find a silk slim fit dress instead.

I move past the mirror to have a little look at my pooch as I flatten out the dress and I realise that not only have I gained some weight on my pooch, but I've also gained some weight overall as well my clothes don't fit me like they used to.

"Can we talk ?"
He starts as he walks into the closet with me.

"Talk."
I tell him as I start to look at him again and nothing beats the look of remorse in his eyes.

"What does your mother when she says that Duma chose me ?"

"She meant that we didn't get married by my accord."

"And what's that supposed to mean ?"

"That I didn't get to choose to marry you, or to get married at all. I didn't make those choices."

"Siya...speaking in riddles isn't going to help the situation."

"Can we sit down ?"

"No I want to do this right here."

"Not when all of our emotions are this high."

"My emotions are fine. I'm fine."
I tell him and I keep quiet.

"Three years ago your father held an international press conference which you attended for obvious reasons and Duma was there in support of our father. Now while at the conference he spots you. Becomes smitten and  all he can talk about when he gets back... is you Entle. He talks about how he intends on marrying you when they've built a relationship with your family. Our parents speak and your father accepts the promise of Dumas marriage proposal but he asks that we wait for two years. When Duma gets back he tells me that he has some news to tell me. We meet up and he tells me about you....

Later that evening Duma dies in my arms. Before then he asks that no matter what may happen to him, I help him keep the promise that he made to your family."

"It's not making sense."

"You, are not my wife."
He blurts and my heart stops.

"Then who is ?"

"It's complicated."

"Siya you have a wife ? Another wife who's not me. Uncomplicate that for me I need to understand this."