chapter 3 | Do me a favour.

Kaboentle.

I watch as they dance around my aunt and I with spears ,knobkeries and shields in their zulu attires. As joyful ululations echoe around the yard and a "joyfull" mood clings itself to the atmosphere that I am still struggling to get with.

Their aunts drape us with mink blankets and continue to shower my family with expensive gifts.
His family dances and rejoices all around the tent they organized for the ceremony.

It's full, very full.  As it stands this tant is filled  with 500 members of the royal house hold with the exception of the press and I am happy that they decided to keep this under wraps I don't think that I would have been able to handle any of it today.

His brothers do their dances as the woman continue to swoon over them. I look at Khosi and I can see how smitten she is with her husband as she blushes and laughs all throughout their dancing.

She's inlove with him and I can't miss how much he's inlove with her , I can see it in how much he's doing all of this for her and nobody else. Yes this is also in support of his brother but he is undeniably declaring his love for his wife, publicly. This is for her.

I want this. I want a love like this.

I've never seen them before now.

Their both handsome and the older one sure does definitely look as handsome as his father, one might go as far as saying that their like doppelgangers, now I am completely sure that Siyabonga won't be accompanied by an ugly face, so are the rest of his younger brothers who wear two identical faces of the same person.

They truly are their fathers children.

The aunts keep up this charming facade to the Public as the ceremony continues. And i don't want to be anywhere near these woman. When they hug me and "Welcome" me, I want to wail and tell everybody what these woman do  behind closed doors. What they've done to me.

I am tired and this headache Is still pounding the shit out of me and I want nothing more than to run away from all of this.

To top it all off, he's still a no show and It hurts that I even had expectations for this guy, it hurts that I am doing this to myself.

The queen's hand us more gifts before it's my turn for my family to start clipping my umbrella and needling my isicholo with money and for a second I feel joy as they all also dance around me and they shower me with hugs and kisses which I have not received in years. For that moment I forget what this is and i am hypnotized by their "Presence and love". I smile and I laugh through all of this and I force myself to push through this moment.

When all is said and done, I sneak away from the rest of the crowd and into the courtyard where it is quiet and i try to gather myself.

Yet again, I feel a gush of tears tumble out of me as everything starts to feel heavy again.

After a long long while I see a figure next to me and I quickly look away from them as I quickly wipe away my tears in embarrassment as I also continue to stop my nose from leaking.

"Don't do that."
He says as he moves from beside me and infront of me.

He squads down infront and he stares up at me.

"Don't do that."
He says again and I look away from him.

"I'm fine, it's about time I got myself together anyway."

I hear him sigh before he moves his hands all over his face and I look at him again.

"Shouldn't you be out there entertaining your guests."