Chapter 5 | What did you expect ?

Kaboentle

Grey walls, white counter tops, black taps, ceramic tiles, floor to ceiling windows.

Five bedrooms, six and a half bathrooms, six car garages, two main lounges, one pajama lounge, dining room area, study, scallery, pool area, kitchenette, Cabana and an additional braai area and of course the heart of the house, his whisky bar.

That's his house, our house now.

It's beautiful and it's very homely it's definitely not bad for a bachelor's house.

The land scaping is gorgeous, plenty of trees and greenery it makes his garden look like a tropical modern forest if it applies but its beautiful.

But the thing about this place is that there are a lot of weird features. I'll get to that later, right now I just really need to rest. My headache is back again and im exhausted.

Today was our coronation, the day where I had to be crowned princess of KZN and finally the day where Siya and I would leave the palace to "start our married lives" after parading around soon after the crowning. And I am most definitely happy to get away from that house but at the same time it was the day that I got to part ways with my family. Basically a lot happened today I feel like I haven't quiet fully processed a lot that I am having a hard time accepting.

I am really alone.

They gave us a fourteen day grace period where we would refrain from all duties of the palace, that would mean that we would be completely Isolated from the rest of the world and to focus on the start of our marriage and of course...

consummation.

We were supposed to have boarded a plane and off somewhere by now but I decided against that. I didn't want to be trapped in a foreign place alone with him, I felt like it would have been better if we started settling in right away as opposed to subjecting ourselves to a honeymoon of a marriage that is clear that non of us want.

I think the quicker we start with normalizing this whole arrangement the better for everyone. So that's what he did. Led me to our martial home straight from the palace.

"Do you need me to show you everywhere else around the house ?"

"No I am okay I'll figure the rest out later, I'll find my way around the house."

I answer and he only just stares at me with nothing short of a mystery in his eyes. I don't know what he's thinking right now and it's so weird that it seems to me that he's incapable of reacting. The only time I've seen the slightest bit of reaction from him was with the bath tub incident and even then he hasn't bothered to bring it up since then.

The way he talks and the way he carries himself, his deminour and the way he expresses himself begs to question if he has any real personality outside of this facade that he poses or if he is genuinely like this.

Today he smiled at nobody, not so much as a smirk as the nation roared at us. He waved with my hand gently wrapped around his until it was over. He didn't let go of my hand, I don't know if he did this on purpose but it felt good.

Him touching me that way, the gentle strokes, and the tiny tugs and the ever so often gentle squeezes that make me forget that I got onto the alter with nothing but an intent that I promised to keep to myself and so it seems that's everytime this light skinned robo cop is near me I fail.

And I've only known him for two days and two nights.

"Ive scheduled an appointment for you with Patricia."
He starts as he folds his thick arms over his broad chest as his biceps threaten to tear his shirt open and his veins confidently drape themselves like vines across his arms.