Chapter 7 | In control

Kaboentle.

There's a little commotion in the kitchen as I walk down the stairs and I find a lady busying herself in the kitchen as she peruses through a very thick binder.

She looks young, a little too young to be here but she looks familiar... I've seen her somewhere.

She's in a what seems to be a uniform. A short sleeved Chinese colored black shirt with royal blue linings and white flare leg pants and pumps.

Her hair is well groomed and she looks clean and professional.

That day that I got initiated, she's that girl who led me to gogo Gwala's

She stops looking at the file and her head jerks up when I stand in the middle of the kitchen and she stares at me before she gives me a closed lip smile and she slightly bows her head.

"Your highneness."

She says as she keeps her eyes straight on mine.

Now that I have a proper view of her, she's gorgeous.

Beautiful melanin skin and a model like figure. Almond shaped eyes a slim nose and pretty lips. She's looks animated, like a disney Pixar character.

Okay I'm staring too much.

"Just Kabo, will be fine."
I answer and she gives me a small closed lip smile again.

"The prince has ordered that we address you that way, nothing beneath."

She answers before her eyes meet mine again.

That damn prince.

"Thank you... for helping me the other day."

"You don't have to thank me, your highness..."

She says as we both go quiet again.

"I am Nonjabulo... Jabu for short, I am responsible for tending to your highnesses every need, as well as the house keeping and managing. I had been assigned by the prince to be at your service full time, along with your personal driver and a few other maids and staff which will only avail themselves on your desired days, and of course your royal entourage."

"Ohh..."

"Is there a problem ?"

"No, no there isn't. I just thought that It would be just Siya and I alone, I don't even know why I thought that."

"No, no no it's okay."
She assures and I only nod my head at her.

"I can be discreet and you wouldnt even know that I am here but I'd be just a call away...
Will your highness be able to make time to discuss the handling of her house ?"

"The handling?"

"Yes... what you'd be having for dinner, the grocery lists, laundry days and the arrangements of the house overall and of course the interviews for your staff. And to go over things that you would like to be changed or improved in the house."

"Interviews?"

"Yes Interviews... for your staff."

This is overwhelming.

"I thought Siya discussed this with you."

"His royal highness instructed that I speak to you directly."

"What happened to his previous house keeper, where is she ?"

"She retired just right before your arrival."

I sigh a little and I look away from her.

"And do you have any idea how he managed the house before my arrival."