Chapter 19 | Wake up.

Kaboentle

"I am so sorry Mrs Gumede."
The lady from the morgue starts as I calm down from my fit of laughter and I wipe away the tears that have cascaded down my cheek.
Kghosi just has this look of sorrow in his eyes that I can't explain. And i don't  blame him.

He's never seen me this way. And I think what throws him off the most is this scene.

"There's no need to say sorry, because this isn't my husband."

I tell her and she looks at me like I am crazy. Like I am the one hallucinating, like Im in an unbelievable state of denial. Maby i am but nobody is going to convince me that this is Siya.

They can call me delusional but I don't care. I won't accept that some random man's body is Siya.

"This isn't Siyabonga."
I tell her as I grab the sheet again and I gently wrap the body up.

"Im afraid that the prince was the first people to identify the body and they confirmed that this is infact prince Siyabonga."

"Which prince ?"

"The oldest prince."

"Mandla ?"
I ask and she nods her head at me.

"This is why all of the bodies that were recovered were sent to various other morgues, so that the prince can be layed to rest here alone. And the blood samples that were collected at the site where the body was found matched with his."

"This is bull shit."

"Nana-"

"Abuti, wait please !! These people are up to something. Non of this is making sense."

He stares at me with a look of uncertainty before he looks at the lady again.

"Does his family know of these pathology results ?"
He asks and she shakes her head at him.

"These results only came out moments before your arrival, i wasn't able to get the chance notify the royal family."

"Good, good. So we keep it that way. The royal family stays clueless about this for next five hours just untill were sure that this man isn't Siya."

She quickly shakes her head.

"I have been obligated by the royal officials to pass these news over them. I might lose my job-"

"Incase you haven't noticed, you've technically done your job. The princess knows. So as it stands a member of the royal family knows about these news and nobody is going prosecute your for that. All we are asking is for you to keep these news for a few more hours and then you can make the official call, if it's money you need, name your price."
She stares at him before she looks at me for some time and she nods her head.

"A couple of thousands would do."
She says without hesitation.

That's all ?
Clearly she isn't family with this. If I were her I'd be making serious demands, but either way I am grateful that she's willing to keep our secret. And i hope that all of this is worth it.

"Well let you know when the money is ready."

Kghosi says before he gently grabs my hand and we walk out of the fridges. As soon as we get back into the car I heave a huge sigh.

When I got in here i never intended to go through any of this. I wasn't prepared for any of it.

I lean my head back against the head rest and I stare ahead.

"Let's drive to the bank."

----

There's an hour left of oxygen time and there still isn't any updates and honestly I feel like im suffocating as well.