Chapter Nine

Taylor's POV

         I walk away and leave Jaxson on the dance floor. I head over to Angela. "Hey I'm gonna go home." She looked at me. "I think I'm gonna stay I'll be home later. I'm sure Trevor can take me home." I look at Trevor and he nods at me. "Be safe." I give her a key to my loft and I leave the club. I get in a cab and go home. I slam my bedroom door closed and lay on the bed. Why does he treat women like this? Why does he make me feel this way? I can't fall into another relationship right now. I fall asleep thinking of him.

Jaxson's POV

        Her words run through my mind as I sit in my office. "How would I be any different?" I want her to be different. She is different and I can't seem to find out why. I look at my computer to check the calendar. "Damn it." I texted Sebastian. "I need the club to be closed on Thursday night and I need you and Taylor here. I have a very important meeting." He texted me back. "Yes sir I let Taylor know." I lay my phone down.

I hear a knock on the door. "Who is it?" "It's Nick. May I come in?" I sigh. "Yes you may come in." He walks in and sits down. "I need to know something." I look at him with a confused look. "What is it that you must know?" "I can see the way you look at Taylor.. don't try and deny it. I don't know what your plans are Jaxson but you need to figure it out we have a business to run." He looked at me with a serious look. "Nick, I want her but I can't have her for many reasons. One I'm her boss. Two she isn't ready for this kind of life." I said sternly. "Exactly so why don't you just move on from her and let her go. Let her keep her job and everything else. Just stay clear from her." He said. "Okay." I said in defeat. "We have a meeting on Thursday to talk about opening a new location in New York." "Alright. I'll see you then I'm gonna head out. Goodnight." He said as he walked out the door.

Alright, now I have to figure out how I'm going to let Taylor do whatever with whom ever she wants. I get angry at the thought of someone else with her but I soon calm down because I know it's the right thing to do.

Taylor's POV

It's been 3 days since that night on the dance floor. I haven't heard or seen Jaxson since. I was told by Sebastian that I was needed tonight at the club, so I went to take a shower. I finished up I out and picked out a dress to wear tonight.

"Angela!" She walks into my room

"Angela!" She walks into my room. "I got to work tonight. What are you gonna do?" I said looking in my full body mirror. "I'm actually gonna be hanging out with Trevor." I turn and look at her smiling. "Ooo, Angie I'm glad your having a great time with Trevor." "I know right, he's amazing." She said smiling. "Don't fall to fast now." I said laughing. "What kind of girl do you take me for?" She said laughing. "How do I look?" I said turning looking back on the mirror. "You look like Jaxson won't be able to keep his eyes off of you." "That's not what I was expecting but okay." I smile knowing deep down I want him to look at me. "Alright we'll I got to go see you later." I leave her in the loft and head to the club.

I walk inside. I see Jax and Nick sitting at the VIP lounge. Jaxson looks at me and we lock eyes for what feels like forever but i quickly realize he's my boss nothing more. I go over to the bar and talk to Sebastian. "Hey what am I needed here for?" "All I know is Jaxson asked for you to be here while he has his meeting." He said as he pours the drinks. The door swings open and in walks Trevor and Angela. I look at Angela. She walks over and tells Sebastian what Trevor wants to drink. "Angie, I didn't know you were gonna be here." I said. "Neither did I apparently Trevor wants to talk to Jaxson. I don't know why or what about." She said smiling at me and looks over at the guys. "I see Jaxson can't help himself." She said looking at me and pointing at Jaxson. "Well he can keep his hands and his lips to himself." I cockily said to her. "If you say so." She said and walked over and sat with Trevor. I stay at the bar with Sebastian and help pour the drinks as he takes them over to the others. About 1 hour and half goes by and the door swings open and in walks a very handsome man. He wore a blue button up shirt that showed off his muscles and he had tattoos.

         He walks over to the bar

He walks over to the bar. "Why hello gorgeous, aren't you a sight to see." I blush. "I would like a whiskey on the rocks please." I pour his drink and hand it to him. "What's your name gorgeous so I know who to be thinking about when I leave here." I blush. "I'm Taylor and you are?" "Oh where are my manners my name is... Elijah Hale." I look at him. "Elijah Hale?... I didn't know that Jaxson had a brother." "I get that a lot being the younger one and all." He laughs. "Well, I can see who got the better manners out of the two of you." I say to him with a smile. "Well i do try my best on being nice to the ladies but when I'm alone with them that's a different story." He said as he winked at me and walks to the table.